Full Stack Developer - Equity Derivatives - Information Technology - Hong Kong, Hong Kong
The position is for a highly motivated, capable Developer. You will be responsible for design, development, tests, deployment and support of high quality software applications using Java and related technologies.
Agile, business-facing team performing Continuous Delivery
Team members interact directly with the traders, to gather their requirements and come up with appropriate solutions. The traders are particularly involved, approachable, and tech-savvy, which makes for highly substantial interactions between business and IT. The team works in fully agile mode with 3-week-long sprints.
The Continuous Delivery approach is strongly pushed to put in place a reliable pipeline of integration, with automated tests, deployment on the cloud, to achieve a stable flow of releases while preserving Production stability.
DevOps and Feature Team
The team is operating as a "Feature Team" to support the trading systems. It therefore contains both developers and production-support analysts, working together as one, to ensure self-sufficiency, and produce synergies in incident resolution, as well as Production-awareness at all stages of the software development process.
Profile required Must have:
- 2 - 5 years of experience in software development for Analyst level; or 8+ years to be considered at Associate level
- Excellent programming skills in object oriented design and development
- Good knowledge in database programming including dealing with SQL.
- Exceptional "team-player" mindset helping to promote team sprit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in an international and distributed team environment
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and follow through all tasks to completion
- Expertise in Java
- Agile / Scrum experience
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery practices
- Knowledge of equity derivatives product
- Client - Client focus: I nurture a long-term relationship with the clients/internal partners
- Team Spirit - Open mindset/Respect: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode
- Innovation - Technology: I include technological breakthroughs in the strategies implemented
- Responsibility - Empowerment and Accountability: I give resources and autonomy to make decisions
Business insight Company Description
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region. Department Description
Within "SG Corporate and Investment Banking", EQD business line is global player on EQD derivatives markets, providing financial solutions to investors around the clock.
You will join the Development team building and providing IT solutions for the Front Office on Exotic Equity products. The team provides an agile development capability across the full risk analysis chain including pricing and restitution on Risk and PnL.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: SG Securities (HK) Limited
Starting date: immediate
Publication date: 2020/12/18