Full Stack Software Engineer - Synthetics Products Group - Equities Technology
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. Synthetic Product Group The Synthetic Product Group (SPG) business offers institutional clients and hedge funds products which are optimal with respect to tax, balance sheet and funding. Business revenues come from commissions, financing and dividends through the trading of CFD and Equity Swap OTC instruments alongside futures, ETFs and structured products.
It is part of a front to back alignment where engineers are embedded with the revenue generating part of the business. This provides opportunities to partner closely across the SPG organization to deliver the firm even more effectively and efficiently to our clients. Your Impact
SPG engineering team is a dynamic and innovative front office team that partners directly with trading, sales, quants, operations, prime services and other engineering teams across the globe. We focus on building and enhancing the applications and workflows that support the SPG business and our clients. As a key full-stack developer of the team, you will be at the forefront of various revenue-driven technology builds and working in a fast-paced changing environment. You may be working on a new business initiative to design the trade flow for the firm's synthetic product offerings. You may be building a cutting-edge technology stack that parallelizes the processing of contract lifecycle events with utilities to capture and visualize system performance.
If you are interested in learning how the SPG business model works and how to apply your expertise to build the leading industry product to make great impact to the business, this will be the best position for you to fit in.
With this role, you will be getting lots of exposure on understanding the business model/principal, as well as how to serve clients and the firm by using your business and technical expertise. You will have the opportunity to liaise with and work with lots of talents in business, engineering, clients and operations across the globe in an environment that encourages open discussion and is focused on the delivery of robust, reliable software
. You will be participating in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring system performance. You would learn what is the One Goldman Sachs concept and how we work as a team. You would excel your knowledge to make broader impacts to the firm and industry.
If you are looking for new challenges and opportunities, this is the role that you should apply and consider. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Basic Qualification s
- Design, build and maintain a high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive platform for trade booking and workflow systems as well as post-trade processing
- Design and build solutions to enhance and scale up the infrastructure to support business growth and new products, in a holistic front-to-back approach
- Collect data and metrics from existing systems to guide decision making and business intelligence, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect them
- Communicate with traders, sales, strategists, operations and compliance officers to gather new requirements, design workflow, deliver features and provide user support
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Quantitative Research or equivalent experience
- 3 + years of professional experience in full-stack software development
- Hands-on experience with Java/C++/Python
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- A solid understanding of data structures and algorithms as well as systems design
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Working experience in the financial industry and front-office facing environment
- Financial knowledge and good understanding of Equities Synthetic or Derivative products
- Prior experience with Linux shell scripting and systems programming
- Experience building state management systems, complex event processing and transaction sequencing architectures
- Experience with dependency injection frameworks such as Spring/Guice
- Prior experience with event sourcing (sequenced core stream) based architecture
- Prior experience in concurrent programming and developing multi-threaded systems
- Prior experience in Web or UI development such as Angular/React
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity