Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Future Banker Development Programme - Functional Trainee Commercial Banking - Business Banking
Hang Seng's Commercial Banking business provides customized one-stop financial solutions to our corporate customers, from prime small and medium-sized businesses to publicly listed companies.
For customers conducting business locally or around the world, we offer a comprehensive range of services including corporate lending, trade and receivables finance, structured loan, cash management, investment, treasury services, insurance and e-Banking services. As a reliable financial partner, we attend to the specific business needs of our customers and provide efficient tailor-made banking solutions through our relationship managers and dedicated specialists.
We are currently seeking high calibre professionals to join our department as Functional Trainee ("FT").
Upon completion of this 18-month FT programme, the Functional Trainee will be prepared to be a competent Specialist Banker able to manage and grow a portfolio of small and medium-sized enterprises ( SME) customers, with an aim to deepen relationships with our clients and strengthen Hang Seng's market position as SME preferred bank. Throughout the structured and fast-track programme, FTs will learn and develop related job knowledge and experience by having comprehensive classroom training on business, products and services with senior management mentorship and also job attachment.
Our employees are the most valuable resources in the bank. We are committed to provide you with the optimal workplace experience. Here is a taste of what we have on offer:
- Attractive basic salary
- Healthcare insurance coverage
- Retirement benefit scheme with employer's contribution
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Work-life balance: 18 days paid annual leave plus other categories of leave entitlements e.g. birthday, marriage, maternity and paternity, study, volunteer work
- Preferential interest rate for staff housing loan of up to 100% of property valuation or purchase price
- Recognizable corporate training and development program
- Support for acquiring any required job related licenses
- Progressive career advancement opportunities
- Build and manage a portfolio of SME customers by promoting general banking services, cash management, loans and other banking products
- Develop and maintain cordial customer relationship by providing quality customer services
- Conduct regular and effective account reviews and enhance existing relationship via cross-selling
- Manage Customer Due Diligence risk, monitor suspicious behaviour and take appropriate action in compliance with established policy and guideline to protect the Bank's interest
- Bachelor Degree or above in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics preferred
- Fresh graduates or with less than 1 year of work experience in banking or professional firms
- Capable of communicating effectively, embracing changes and overcoming challenges with the ability to safeguard positive attitude under complicated situations and remain open to work with others from diverse cultures
- Strong self-motivation with good interpersonal and analytical skills
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese, with fluency in Putonghua preferred
- High level of customer centricity mindset with dedication to deliver exceptional quality services for customers
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.