- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Funds Partnership Asia
- 18 Nov 18
Fund Accountant, Private Equity
Our client is an international, leading provider of accounting and administration services to private equity and real estate funds based in Europe and Asia. As part of their expansion, they are currently looking for fresh talent whom they can groom to be Private Equity Fund Accountants.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support the preparation of financial statements and other accounting reports for their clients in the private equity and real estate fund industry;
- Liaise with the client’s working team members in both Mandarin and English to request accounting information and discuss accounting issues;
- Record transactions in the financial accounting system, including bookkeeping for purchase and sales invoices, bank reconciliations, and analysis of fund transactions;
- Administer work including preparation of fund correspondence and notices, and to ensure that all permanent files are adequately maintained for new and existing clients;
- Support the clients during their year-end audit, including the preparation of audit schedules.
Technical knowledge / skills required:
- 1 - 3 years' experience in full sets of accounting, fresh graduates with an accounting degree may be considered
- Experience of investment/private equity or real estate accounting is helpful but not essential;
- Accounting qualification or part-qualification from a recognized professional accounting body is beneficial;
- Experience in using accounting packages for bookkeeping and report production;
- Excellent written and spoken Mandarin and English communication skills;
- Microsoft Excel and Word experience, including the ability to produce neatly presented work;
- Client Servicing experience is a plus.