Fund Accounting Supervisor/Manager (Renowned Fund Admin)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Hong Kong
- 20 Nov 18
As a global professional recruitment consultancy, Morgan McKinley connects specialist talent with leading employers across multiple industries and disciplines. We have established ourselves as a preferred supplier to many of the major players in our specialist sectors, as well as with thousands of smaller local employers. In Hong Kong, we recruit within the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Banking and Financial Services, Human Resources, IT, Risk, Compliance, Legal & Audit, Office Support and Sales & Marketing.
Our client is looking for a high calibre candidate to join their team.
Fund Accounting Supervisor / Account Manager
Our client provides Fund Administration for hedge funds and private equity funds including evaluating fund documents from an operational perspective, valuation of the fund, calculation of net asset value and share registry services. All books and records are maintained on an integrated platform.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the day to day administration of hedge funds and will strive to be a one-point contact to investment managers and funds' investors. To carry out these duties, the successful applicant will lead a team of senior fund accountants and fund accountants to deliver timely and accurate fund administration services to our fund clients.
- Ensure that necessary controls are in place and adhered to in order to provide complete, accurate and timely fund administration services to our clients.
- Review and ensure accuracy of daily / weekly / monthly NAV valuation of client funds.
- Monitor accuracy of fund expenses (management fee, performance fee etc.).
- Review funds' share registry dealing orders and ensure all are processed in high accuracy and timely manner.
- Perform AML checks for investors.
- Implement FATCA and CRS programmed to ensure client funds' compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Review, manage and liaise with auditors for audits of client funds.
- Assist in pre-launch phase of new client fund vehicles; launching of new fund and review operational procedure.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline.
- Member of ACCA, HKICPA or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in fund administration industry.
- At least 5-6 years of experience in supervisory role.
- Candidate with less experience will be considered for the position of senior fund accountant.
- Good communications, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written English skills is a must, proficiency in Mandarin will be an advantage.
- Must have knowledge of general accounting and reconciliation practices and procedures.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task and priorities to deliver on time.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint.
- Proficient in using PFS-Paxus will be an advantage.
- Having knowledge of transfer agency services, FATCA and CRS will be an advantage.
To be successful in these roles it is envisaged you are a motivated and self-driven individual eager to contribute and grow with the organization. Knowledge of financial products and environments along with prior fund accounting experience will ensure your success. Critical to your ability to perform these roles will be your attention to detail and team focus.