Fund Product Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The Wellington Funds Group (WFG) is responsible for the business activities of Wellington Management's non-US funds. These funds (85+ in total, $46bn AUM), consist of UCITs and non-UCITs structures in multiple domiciles -Ireland, Luxembourg, Australia, Canada, Cayman.
We are currently seeking to recruit an Analyst to join the Wellington Funds Group within the Asian region. The Analyst will be part of a team responsible for managing the local activities of the non-US funds in the region, including, but not limited to, providing strong local industry knowledge and expertise of mutual non-US Funds, providing support on Product queries which would include the launching of new funds and share classes and the registration of funds within regional domiciles, and maintaining strong relationships with local regulators, distributors, fund clients, relevant third-party service providers (i.e. Transfer Agent (in Hong Kong, Japan and Ireland) and Fund Administrator), and internal stakeholders. In addition, the team is responsible for managing a wide variety of projects, especially focusing on those which enhance the client experience of investing in the funds - both initially and on an ongoing basis. Reporting locally to the Fund Product Manager, this individual will be based predominately in our Hong Kong/or Singapore office and will be responsible for ensuring that first class client service is provided to all internal parties as well.
- Provide internal stakeholders with strong local industry knowledge/intelligence and leadership, regarding the non-US Funds and the local distribution market, in particular
- Work with the Client Group to on-board clients, determining their preferred trading and clearing methods, reporting requirements and account set up requirements
- Determine whether these requirements can be accommodated given the WFG funds' unique dealing terms (for example, whether they can accommodate T-1 funds, settlement, etc.) and AML/KYC requirements
- To the extent that there are new country registration requirements, work on identifying the explicit needs and developing a strong working relationship with local regulators
- Provide a single point of contact, expertise and escalation for all questions related to the fund features within the APAC time zone.
- Assist with funds governance (e.g. what can be disclosed and what cannot be disclosed) and product question (e.g. share class availability, fees, handling RFIs) in the region including making decisions in Asia time zone
- Ensure timely and effective communication between all internal parties, regarding new complex client take-on, new product/fund/share class launches, and major transition events
- Work with other members of the team to ensure all client queries and daily reporting are processed in a timely efficient manner
- Assist with the integration and documentation of new workflow processes to enable a smooth and seamless implementation
The successful candidate is likely to:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Have 10+ years of relevant non-US Funds experience, gained within the local Asset Management industry and possess thorough understanding in at least one of the following functions - product management, country registration, fund administration and fund governance,
- Be self-motivated, with a strong sense of ownership, assertive follow-through and organisational skills;
- Be able to work effectively without close supervision;
- Demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of the financial services regulatory environment, and a sound understanding of general legal terms/clauses;
- Have a successful track record of assisting in large projects, including technology-based project work;
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the retail registration process and requirements of both Hong Kong and Singapore
- Knowledge of local fund structures (Singapore, Hong Kong & China)
- Have excellent communications skills, coupled with a high degree of self-motivation
- Chinese and/or other Asian language skills would be highly desirable.
Fund Product Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .