The Business Manager is a senior management level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a professional team or department. The team drives the overall administrative activities of the business. These tasks may include managing external audits, business continuity activities or addressing regulatory issues. The Business Manager coordinates and manages activities such as the tracking of business financials, employee headcount and other administrative needs as necessary. Manages ad hoc projects as needed.
The role is within Citi's Global Wealth Management supporting the Investment Finance business. Investment Finance provides Citi Private Bank clients with a wide range of tailored loans, lines of credit and letters of credit. Responsibilities:
- Partner with global and regional business management team to ensure alignment of business goals
- Assist leadership and stakeholders with developing projects, determining strategies, and defining/providing metrics
- Advance control framework including executing Manager's Control Assessment testing, operational loss processes, and corrective actions
- Prepare materials, record minutes, and follow-up as needed on items for business committees and/ or regular business meetings
- Drive implementation of business-driven projects across functions, working closely with relevant senior leadership
- Provide input into and recommend technology change, process improvements and control framework enhancements
- Seek out and ensure corrective actions are implemented for control related issues and remedial action is taken
- Work with compliance to ensure that relevant regulations are met through controls, licensing and reporting activities
- Devise financial plan, budget and outlook for the team, coordinating with product heads and Finance Team
- Represent the AP Team in global and regional forums
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years of experience in financial markets business or business support
- Experience with Banking and Lending products in a Finance, Audit or Risk role preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise of Microsoft Office product suite; basic macro coding experience and proficiency in Tableau and/or PowerPoint preferred
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Business Strategy, Management & Administration Job Family:
Business Administration Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting