A well-established international asset management firm which is one of the major institutional investors in the global financial markets and one of the biggest funds by AUM in Hong Kong. We invest in a wide range of products with an international dimension. We are now looking for high caliber candidates who would like to share our commitment and professional values. We offer competitive remuneration package and a commitment to training and continual professional development.
We are seeking an experienced investment professional to join our Global Emerging Markets Equity team as an Equity Portfolio Manager.
The ideal candidate would be independently minded, be passionate about investing and keen on having sole responsibility in managing an emerging market fund in order to deliver superior returns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Playing an essential role in the management of the Global Emerging Markets funds
- Responsible for the coverage of specific regions/markets within emerging markets
- Depending on experience, the successful candidate would be responsible for managing a regional Emerging Market Fund
- Highlight investment opportunities through in-depth bottom up analysis
- Develop proprietary models and tools which enhance the team’s investment analysis capabilities
- Contribute to the continuous development of the team’s investment process
Ideally, 7-10 years of proven experience in the investment industry as an EM equity portfolio manager
- Bachelor’s Degree holder or above in finance or related disciplines, CFA preferred.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Emerging market equities and Asian non- China companies with a particular focus on Global EM exposure.
- The PM role will be responsible for portfolio construction and risk management across all active positions implemented.
- Research the macro environment, companies and industries in GEM countries and expected to provide timely macroeconomic, political and company insights.
- A proven, documented and positive track record in generating alpha using a disciplined investment process
- The ability to model and analyze companies using a qualitative and quantitative approach is essential
- The ability to communicate in a clear, simple and consistent way with other team members is essential
- Excellent command of written and spoken English & Chinese with fluency in Putonghua
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment related purposes only.