Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Global Banking & Markets - Global Markets Operations
Hang Seng's Global Markets Operations is a team of experienced banking operations professionals who strive for delivering time-to-market, efficient and world-class processing services to customers, corporations, financial institutions and internal units. We are responsible for driving every part of the trade lifecycle post execution. We manage settlement activity, risk and control, while ensuring the delivery of regulatory compliance and seamless operational client services.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our Cross Products and Client Data Services Department as Global Markets Operations Associate
. Principal responsibilities Cross Products & Client Data Services
- Provide Global Markets cross products back office support, mainly responsible for customer static data, settlement instructions and various system parameter maintenance in Global Markets Systems, CSA and Repo agreement setup in Collateral System, brokerage fee reconciliation, confirmation matching, failed settlement investigation, control reporting;
- Design and implement operational procedures complied with internal guidelines and relevant regulatory requirement;
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of relevant investment product launch and system enhancements
Requirements Cross Products & Client Data Services
- Assist Front Office - Balance Sheet Management to advise them real-time positions for different currencies on a day-to-day basis for making trading decisions;
- Look after the Bank's liquity position as a whole regardless of departments, and manage their funding request to calculate the real time position/projected cash flow;
- Fulfill regulatory requirements to ensure a given percentage of the overall payments in a day are released at certain times;
- Manager RTGS (CHATS), Faster Payment System (FPS) and all Nostro accounts of the bank, and work with Relationship Managers if there are any requirements such as OD;
- Participate in system enhancements and new business initiatives, in particular driving projects and focusing on the enhancement of Cash Management;
- Support strategy for Cash Management for the Bank, in collaboration with the Global and Regional Business partners;
- Follow the Group's global strategies and constantly update procedures to fulfill such;
- Constantly review and update procedures to cater to the ever-changing regulatory requirements for Cash Management;
- Participate in UATs internally and external annual drills from regulatory parties;
- Work closely with all internal and external stakeholder on liquidity enquiries.
- Diploma or above in related discipline
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in back office operations with good knowledge of global markets products
- Strong self-motivation, attention to details, with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese
- Strong computer skills such as VBA preferred
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
- University Degree holder, preferably in a business or finance discipline;
- Possess general banking experience in cash management/RTGS/Nostro;
- Possess general knowledge of treasury products and documentation standards;
- Strong analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills;
- Able to work indepently and meet tight deadlines;
- Proficient in PC applications, including Microsoft word and excel;
- Great sense of ownership and serving mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes.
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.