Global Markets, Prime Client Technical Solutions, Analyst/ Associate - Hong Kong
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual with a passion for markets who is looking to challenge themselves in a fast paced and dynamic environment. The successful candidate will be empowered to be commercial and help drive profitability for the business through generating trade ideas and ensuring to deliver solutions for an expanding client base. OUR IMPACT
The Global Markets Division enables our clients to buy and sell financial products, raise funding and manage risk. We make markets and facilitate client transactions in fixed income, equity, currency and commodity products. In addition, we make markets in and clear client transactions on major stock, options and futures exchanges worldwide. Through our global sales force, we maintain relationships with our clients, receiving orders and distributing investment research, trading ideas, market information and analysis BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
The Prime Services group is within the Global Markets division and is a fast-paced technology-driven business area, with a long track record of sustained growth within Goldman Sachs and the industry. Prime Services is comprised of business units that provide, Prime Brokerage, Derivatives Clearing, Stock Loan, and Risk/Margin Financing services. RESPONSIBILITIES
This is an external-client services and management role that provides technology solutions and support to our clients globally across all business lines within Prime Services. As the technical arm of the broader client services ecosystem, responsibilities of the team include on-boarding new clients onto various Goldman Sachs platforms and partnering closely with sales and trading, client relationship managers, Operations, Strats, and other technology teams to provide continual technical services to existing clients in an ever-changing market.
This is a technical role within the business division with a bias towards our clients and our business. An essential part of the role is to leverage a deep understanding of the Goldman Sachs' technical flows in order to assist clients to gain the most out of our technology on an ongoing basis and to provide technology solutions as required. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILL / EXPERIENCE MANDATORY
- The candidate will own, solve, and support external client technical issues as they pertain to the Prime Services business units
- Bring a hands-on approach to systems integration, reporting, and development tasks while leveraging various engineering team
- Manage all client technology related communications during operational incidents
- Liaise between the Sales team, Product Development, and Engineers by successfully blending technical and business knowledge and skills
- Seek out work and be pro-active in every aspect of this role
- Bring an eagerness to be familiar with Goldman Sachs' client base and seek out opportunities to better serve those clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong team player yet simultaneously able to work on independent initiatives
- Experience with data management and working with reference data
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to balance commercial goals with good risk management
- Highly motivated with the ability to maintain momentum on many different work-streams simultaneously under pressure
- Experience with the Financial Services Industry particularly within Prime Brokerage and Futures/OTC Clearing businesses
- No formal qualifications are required.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity