We are currently seeking an GCP - Cloud Engineer for our client in the IT-Services domain to provide reliable, flexible, and security cloud solutions to complex business requirements.
- 5+ years’ experience building and supporting large-scale, business critical systems on Public Cloud (Google Cloud Platform)
- Working knowledge of Google Cloud Platform
- Experience hosting an application on GCP using Compute Engine, App Engine, Cloud SQL, Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Storage.
- Good understanding of cloud design considerations and limitations and it’s impact on Pricing.
- Networking principles and protocols such as IP subnetting, routing, firewall rules, Virtual Private Cloud, LoadBalancer, Cloud DNS, Cloud CDN, etc.
- Proficient in a modern scripting language (preferably Python) for automation of build tasks.
- Knowledge of Application Monitoring using Google Stackdriver
- Experience with Big Data on GCP – BigQuery, Pub/Sub, Dataproc, Dataflow
- Prior experience working with: container technology such as Docker, version control systems (Github), build management and CI/CD tools (Concourse, Jenkins), and monitoring tools (App Dynamics, etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure configuration management tools such as Terraform, Puppet and Chef.
- Unix/Linux power user
- Prefer Google Cloud Certified candidates.
The Google Cloud Engineer will be responsible for:
- Plan, Configure, Deploy and Operate a cloud solution
- Configure access and security.
- Ensure Performance standards by configuring Auto-Scaling Solution to meet varying Load requirements.
- Automating the build and configuration of IaaS based solutions in Google Cloud Platform
- Deliver Proof of Concepts for new Solutions on Cloud
- Good written/Oral Communication, Presentation, Interactive skills with team across geography.
- Works well under pressure and meets deadline.
- Flexible to work either independently or with team.