Government Relations & Public Policy Strategist, APAC, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
The regulatory environment in which State Street operates is complex and rapidly changing. It is critical that we keep abreast and are involved in policy development discussions that shape our industry, in order to maintain our position as a global financial services leader. State Street's Regulatory, Industry and Government Affairs (RIGA) function is responsible for monitoring policy, legislative and regulatory developments globally, and engaging with policymakers and regulators on these issues on behalf of State Street and our clients. RIGA is a global function with staff based in various countries around the world. We are looking for a suitable person preferably to be based in our Hong Kong office to support the work in APAC reporting to the International Head of RIGA. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Government Relations & Public Policy Strategist, Assistant Vice President,APAC you will:
What we value
- Monitor, assess and coordinate responses to consultations on regulatory changes in the financial industry in APAC, working closely with business, legal, compliance teams and other relevant colleagues.
- Build strong understanding of State Street's business lines, monitor and alert business teams to upcoming regulatory changes and work with them to identify risks and opportunities.
- Assist to formulate and execute strategy to engage with policy stakeholders and regulators in support of State Street's areas of interest.
- Assist in research and develop thought leadership on regulatory changes.
- Participate in regional industry associations and events and share meeting insights and outcomes.
- Preparation of briefings, talking points, meeting records and presentations for senior executives to attend meetings with regulators and government officials.
- Prepare client presentations and internal presentations on regulatory developments.
- Closely cooperate and coordinate with senior State Street subject matter experts and management as well as with RIGA colleagues and subject matter experts globally on relevant regulatory and legislative issues.
- Pro-actively engage the businesses and corporate functions with issues/developments that impact their areas and work with them pro-actively to address.
- Work closely with other RIGA colleagues based in APAC and take on responsibility for specific APAC markets.
- Promote a strong culture of Risk Excellence across the organization
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum 6 years of working experience in a related role in a financial firm, industry association, government or regulatory agency, in an APAC country.
- Good understanding of political, policy and regulatory processes in key Asian financial markets.
- Strong technical knowledge and owner of selected issues. Ability to understand complex issues quickly and communicate them concisely and accurately.
- Proactive and professional, with ability to negotiate and influence appropriately.
- Uncompromising level of ethical commitment, responsibility and integrity.
About State Street What we do.
- Good degree in finance, business, politics or law
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in English is essential. Additional proficiency in Mandarin, Japanese and/or Korean is desirable.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers