Our client is a European private bank and they are looking for a HR Benefits Specialist to join them for 12 months.
Overview of the Business
The Asia Pacific Benefits function is responsible for the design and administration of locally competitive and regulatory compliant benefits and wellbeing programs in line with the bank's Benefits and Wellbeing strategy. The Benefits team supports all employees and work closely with other HR functions, Finance, control partners and benefits vendor partners.
We are seeking a talented and dynamic individual for this key role within Human Resources. Reporting directly into the Benefits Manager based in Hong Kong. The contractor role will take accountability for delivering the assigned benefits and wellbeing programsand supports benefits counterparts in other jurisdiction, HR Business Partners, Business stakeholders and employees.
- The portfolio of countries includes China, Hong Kong, Korea, Philippines and Taiwan. You might be required to support other jurisdictions as and when required
- Responsible for end-to-end benefits and wellbeing program delivery
- Evaluate existing programs against peer organization to determine competitiveness, trends and market developments. Ensure programs meet employee needs, cost effective and comply with internal and legislative requirements
- Design, review, implement and communicate program changes independently. Ability to determine end-to-end impacts of any changes being considered and solicit relevant stakeholders buy-in in a highly matrix environment is essential
- Strong partnership with the broader Benefits, Compensation and Payroll team to drive benefits agenda, support implementation of new initiative and changes to the benefits and wellbeing programs.
- Provide advice to other HR functions or other internal stakeholders on benefits and wellbeing programs and support any harmonization or merger & divestiture.
- Handle local statutory filing and interaction with regulators and auditors on benefits related topics, if applicable, ensuring governance and adherence to all internal and external rules and regulations
- Perform vendor governance and contract management, drive end-to-end RFP and contracting process in partnership with Procurement team and other internal stakeholders. Drive end-to-end process for third-party risk management assessment for appointed vendor
- Act as point of escalation to resolve any employee or vendor dispute on benefits and wellbeing programs
- Responsible for reporting any control issue on a timely basis including working with manager and control partners for reporting (both internally and externally) and resolutions
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong team player, high integrity, and ability to always maintain confidentiality
- Agile and ability to adapt to changes
- At least 5-7 years of experience as a benefits and wellbeing specialist and hands-on experience in delivering benefits and wellbeing programs from developing plan design, conducting benchmarking analysis to implementing and communicating the change.
- Excellent organization, communication and analytical and presentation skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgement
- Demonstrated drive for excellence in operational excellence and governance
- Show drive, passion, challenge the status quo, eager to learn and grow, and assist with ad hoc projects as necessary
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite