HR Operations Systems Specialist, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Mar 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture
HR Operations Systems Specialist Function
The HR Operations systems function is responsible for leading and project managing major new system implementation, development and maintenance related to Asia Human Resources. The team works closely with the global HR Operations team, HR Technology and our partners in all functions of HR to implement thoughtful processes and technology solutions that drive efficiency, reduce the cost of operations and mitigate operational risk across HR globally.
System Specialist Role
Responsible for executing on the following key project deliverables:
• Project planning and pre-work – analysis of products & functionality working in conjunction with global teams for FW global roll outs
• Planning – preparing project templates & tools, drafting project plan, defining meeting cadence and managing project kick off
• Requirements gathering – planning, identification of Subject Matter Experts, oversight of facilitation and documentation. Ensuring that local requirements are taken into account for any global roll outs and escalating through appropriate channels as required
• Coordinating and conducting fit-gap analysis.
• Business process design – planning, documentation and facilitation of design sessions.
• Working with implementation partners to manage configuration requirements.
• Maintaining and managing the issue logging, tracking and resolution process.
• Testing – provide oversight of testing phase including the production of scripts, coordination of User Acceptance Testing, defect logging and resolution management.
• Change Management - coordinating communication and defining training requirements.
• Training – compiling and creating training materials, delivery of training and demos where applicable.
• Handling escalations.
• 5-8 years’ experience in HR Operations role preferably working as part of a global team
• Familiarity with HR business processes and systems.
• Strong verbal, written communication and organizational skills.
• Strong project management and change management skills.
• The ability to communicate with all levels within the organization.
• Strong technical mindset to understand system functionality and limitation.
• Ability to quickly learn and embrace new toolsets.
• Ability to advise and question, as well as analyze and execute.
• Ability to build relationships within and across functions.
• Effective problem solving skills, high degree of initiative and creativity with a quality focus and strong attention to detail.
• The ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-changing environment.
• Successful candidate will have a roll up your sleeves “can do” mindset.
• Strong knowledge of Workday a plus