Head, Credit Risk Mgmt, Unsecured Lending
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. RESPONSIBILITIES
Align the strategy of the Risk function with Retail Unsecured Lending business strategy and risk appetite and oversee its execution in Hong Kong.
· Contribute to the development of performance management processes, to encourage development of an appropriate risk culture and discipline.
· Embed innovation, digitisation and analytics by defining and actioning the future state analytics operating model for Unsecured Lending in Hong Kong.
Inform the development of business plans with the provision of cost and impairment and a balanced judgement on the external environment.
· Contribute to the development of performance management and remuneration processes, in order to encourage the development of an appropriate risk culture and discipline. Business
- Maintain and develop risk capabilities and skills to meet ongoing business needs and plans
· Contribute to the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the Retail Risk function, including risk management processes, by defining and maintaining an operational excellence agenda for the Risk Function.
· Contribute to the effective management of operational risks within the Retail Risk function and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations.
· Drive alignment between Retail Risk and Compliance processes and structures as appropriate. People and Talent
· Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from my team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
· Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
· Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
· Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
· Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
· Uphold and reinforce the independence of the Risk function from those whose primary responsibility is to maximise short term revenues and profits. Risk Management
Oversee the assessment the credit risk profile of the Retail Banking Unsecured Lending client portfolio in Hong Kong, maintaining alignment with risk appetite by rebalancing of risks or controls that may be required in response to internal and external factors.
Provide reports to the relevant Board and Group / Regional / Country Committees in respect of the areas of responsibilities detailed in their respective Statements of Responsibilities.
Ensure full compliance with Group Credit Policies and Process Standards. Dispensations or any gaps must be well supported and approved on a timely basis. CADs and CCPMs are renewed on timely basis. Design, maintain and effectively communicate risk control parameters across the Unsecured Lending, Retail Credit, including policies, control standards, risk exposure limits and other control levers in order to maintain the business's risk profile in line with the Group's risk appetite Assess the credit risk profile of the Unsecured Lending, Retail Credit portfolio in Hong Kong and maintain alignment with risk appetite by rebalancing of risks or controls that may be required in response to internal and external factors. Ensure that effective management response plans are in place to respond to extreme but plausible scenarios Direct appropriate response to material events or other risk issues that come to the role holder's attention Ensure appropriate judgement is applied in the discharge of risk authorities assigned to the jobholder, taking account of concentration risk across sectors, geographies and markets where applicable. Assign risk authorities to suitable named individuals in line with their skills and judgement Partner with the Group CRM with support from Analytics Hub to implement risk-related capabilities in the country to deliver strategic aspirations for unsecured lending while remaining within agreed risk appetite Lead with the support of RSSC and Analytic Hub to
Timely report of material risk events, breach of risk triggers, material shift in portfolio shape / threshold, and portfolio performance in PQR deck. Ensure that material risk exposures and related issues are reported to the responsible governance committees Ensure risk identification, measurement and modelling capabilities are objective, consistent and compliant with applicable regulations Initiate stress tests as required by internal and external factor / stakeholders, including local regulators and review results and assess their implications
· Work with product team to
Ensure business and product heads understand and accept their credit risk management responsibilities Uphold the integrity of risk/return decisions, by challenging business and control function heads to demonstrate that risk origination and control decisions are properly informed and consistent with strategy and risk appetite Support acquisition and portfolio programs by effective managing program risks and profitability
· Cooperate with regulators to
Maintain a good understanding of the requirements of key external stakeholders in respect of credit risk management and ensure these are well understood internally and reflected in internal procedures Maintain an open and cooperative relationship in dealings with regulators Obtain assurance regarding the effectiveness of credit controls and compliance with applicable laws & local regulations Loan Loss Forecasting & Delinquency / Loss Portfolio Management
· Coordinate with collections to
ensure that a proactive, dynamic and flexible loss forecasting model is maintained and to prepare periodic net bad debts forecast for the portfolio closely monitor the delinquency and loss levels of portfolios and recommend appropriate portfolio and collection actions Governance
· Ensure that the country consistently and effectively follow the Group's standard risk committee structure.
· Maintain an open and cooperative relationship in dealings with regulators. Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Lead the Unsecured Lending Credit Risk Management team in Hong Kong to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment. *
Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters. Key Stakeholders
Members of the Hong Kong Management Team Chief Executive Officer, Hong Kong Compliance and Financial Crime Compliance Group Internal Audit
· Operational Risk Team
· Credit Risk Operation Teams (Credit Initiation, Fraud Risk Management)
· Regional / Country Business Heads and Product Head, Retail Banking segment
· PQRs and CIFs (or other forums, as may be applicable)
· Internal technology partners
· Operations, L&C and Customer Experience Management units
· Human Resources and Learning & Development teams
HKMA and other Regulators and Central Banks External Auditors Other Responsibilities
· Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Hong Kong
Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.