- The Head of Technology Delivery, Derivatives & Fixed Income is responsible for end-to-end delivery of all applications in the domain. The role owns the technology roadmap, working in alignment with the business's strategic agenda whilst ensuring adherence to the bank's strategic architectural direction. The role provides technical strategy and leadership for all capabilities owned by the function, ensuring that all systems are robust, scalable and resilient to support business growth.
- Lead and implement the vision, strategy, and technology solutions for Derivatives & Fixed Income Products, driving the transformation agenda within the overall architecture strategy
- Collaborate with group the Product Heads to develop client-focused technology capabilities and roadmap
- Work closely with the Group Product Head and Accountable Executive to ensure the Product Roadmap is well executed within the allocated investment funding and achieves the desired business outcome
- Lead and manage the delivery agenda with client centric approach to deliver business values
- Partner with Group and Regional stakeholders to drive alignment on the delivery strategy in accordance with the overall Wealth Management business strategy
- Drive the nWOW working agenda.
- Deliver advanced Derivatives & Fixed Income platforms leveraging the latest technology and with an eye to improved speed to market
- Deliver program benefits on time and within budget whilst adhering to organizational quality standards
- Develop and maintain an integrated portfolio plan with effective change management discipline
- Manage the dependencies, risks and issues across the portfolio with workable resolutions
- Define a delivery approach that is cost efficient and which optimizes business value
- Drive change and adoption of new technologies & delivery models including Agile, Lean, Dev Ops, and Cloud-native. Proactively seek out and identify new technologies that can be leveraged for further product innovation
- Demonstrate strong, effective stakeholder management and communication skills
People and Talent
- Champion standards and ensure projects are delivered in accordance to the Bank's delivery framework
- Continuously identify opportunities to simplify and improve efficiency
- Effective vendor management skills. Contribute actively to management and negotiations with external vendors and partners to achieve service excellence
- Identify opportunities for process standardization and streamlining across the wealth investment portfolio
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team to ensure successful project delivery
- Cultivate a leadership and ownership mindset, building high performance teams that demonstrate SCB's core values
- Coach and mentor team members on learning and career development to grow organisational capabilities. Identify and create opportunities to unleash team members' potentials
- Maintain a sustainable resource model with the right mix of skills set and expertise
- Identify, manage and mitigate risks to portfolio success
- Drive stakeholder discussions to agree mitigation and action plans
- Support smooth organizational transition by adopting the right operational model for the team to deliver good outcomes
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure portfolio governance is well managed in partnership with the program management office and 2nd line of defence teams
- Ensure conduct, values, and practices are strictly adhered to by teams through eLearning completion, DLP prevention, etc.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Lead the [Technology & Innovation Teams] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
Our Ideal Candidate
- Group Product Heads, Regional and country businesses, Operations teams, Technology Heads across domain, Vendors.
ROLE SPECIFIC TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Product Owner
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master
- Project Management Professionals (PMP)
About Standard Chartered
- Technology Delivery
- Program Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Vendor Management
- Team Development and Management
- Agile and Change Management
- Banking Knowledge
- Business Solution
- Risk Management
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers