A fast-growing China-based Bank with its Group Company listed in Hong Kong is looking for a high-calibre Department Head, overseeing the Financial Crime Compliance Department. Reporting to the Head of Risk Management, this role is responsible for overseeing the AML/CFT activities, transaction monitoring, STR filing, anti-bribery/fraud related policy setting, advisory and operations of the Bank to ensure efficient and effective delivery of FCC activities and ensure compliance with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Manage different teams in the FCC Department to oversee the following AML/CFT, anti-bribery and fraud activities within the Bank
- Oversee investigations of financial crime activities, including suspicious transactions or incidents relevant to AML/CFT, internal and external fraud incidents, bribery and corruption, and ensure case reporting to the JFIU or the relevant law enforcement authorities in a timely manner with maintaining proper documentation, ensuring that the company interests are protected and are in adherence with relevant statutory, regulatory and business regulations.
- Oversee the periodic reviews of the relevant anti-bribery & fraud policies and procedures in coordination with the appropriate business and support functions, and also keep abreast of relevant bribery, anti-corruption and fraud trends as well as the related regulatory requirements to establish measures relevant to the Bank's operation/business activities to reduce losses due to such activities and deliver risk owner objectives whilst ensuring the effective execution of fraud controls.
- Implement policy & procedure for the analysis of suspicious activity surveillance, network analytic, and escalation of results to the Head of FCC. Where applicable, there would be a need to liaise with law enforcement authorities or any external parties in order to proactive identify any potential financial crime risk and adopting appropriate control measures.
- Provide consultancy advice to the relevant business units on financial crime compliance, including AML/CFT activities, anti-bribery & fraud related issues, ensuring that the Bank are in adherence to the respective requirements of Regulators and ensure action plans are in place for risk outside of the Bank's risk appetite tolerance.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with Regulators/ law enforcement authorities/ Internal Audit/ Head Office for financial crime investigation, audits and reviews, and handling enquiries.
- Develop and deliver high quality reporting of financial crime risk into the relevant committees and to other stakeholders across the group, as necessary.
- Assist the Head of Risk Management to prepare and present management information to the senior management at the relevant committees or Board meeting.
- Minimum of 15 years of professional working experience in financial services with at least 10 years' experience in AML/CFT, and anti-bribery and fraud.
- Experience in advising or working in an in-house compliance function with an expertise or a focus on overseeing the financial crime risk management framework and delivering a robust FCC program.
- Experience in Due Diligence, Money Laundering and Internal staff misconduct Investigation is essential.
- Strong knowledge in AML/CFT, anti-bribery & fraud in financial services and the relevant regulatory requirements in Hong Kong and China.
- Experience in working at sizable commercial banks would be an advantage with proven track record of excellent communication and business partnership skills with senior and executive management.
- Experience in working with regulatory or law enforcement authorities would be preferable.
- Qualifications in law, accounting, commerce/business or related disciplines; recognized professional qualifications incl. CAMS/CAMLP, CFE or equivalent qualifications preferred.
- Fluent written and spoken Cantonese, Mandarin and English language skills preferred
Interested parties please send your resume in word format with current & expected salary and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org. For details, please feel free to contact Janice at 6365 3508.