About the role
- Exciting opportunity to grow the Hong Kong conglomerates coverage
- Work with a team that values collaboration, autonomy and innovation
- Reports to Head of Coverage, Hong Kong
Role Location: ANZ Hong Kong
Role Type: Permanent, Full time opportunity
As a member of the HK Coverage Leadership Team, you will be a strong proponent and carrier of ANZ's aspirational culture and values. You will lead and coach a team of bankers under a player/coach model as well as to manage a portfolio of Customers using detailed account planning in a collaborative and effective manner in line with HK Branch and International Divisions' strategy and business targets. You are expected to promote a strong first-line-of-defence mindset by understanding and assessing counter-party credit and market risks in addition to market stresses/issues.
Your accountabilities will include but not be limited to:
- Develop and execute customer account strategies with local and network Product and Coverage Teams
- Identify, target and deliver appropriate/increased share of wallet opportunities at sustainable returns
- Develop and execute strategies to identify new business opportunities with existing and new customers mainly focused on sub-groups of existing CMGs
- Proactively develop and maintain a detailed understanding of CMGs business and strategic needs focused on select leading HK Conglomerates while leading a focused team of bankers.
- Using a "solutions mindset", develop deep connections into existing CMGs; focus on solutions and products which will achieve business and account strategies
- Cooperate seamlessly with Coverage and Product partners globally to develop executable and deliverable account plan
- Adhere to credit policies and standards regarding approval, reporting and documentation
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following -
- Understanding of customer needs, buying behaviour and competitive landscape including knowledge of the political, economic, and regulatory environment that the customer and ANZ operates within
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex discussions with key senior stakeholders, multi-touch client engagement and demonstrated negotiation skills
- Ability to attract, lead, mentor, develop and retain talents/ junior bankers where applicable
- Ability to lead, direct and/or conduct detailed account planning in a collaborative and effective manner including identification of cross-sell opportunities across whole of bank and development of customer strategies/solutions
- Strong ability to understand and assess both counter party credit risk and market risk as well as identify market stresses/issues that may affect the customer
- Comprehensive knowledge of ANZ's policies, core product suite and its application, and document/credit processes in terms of cross border transactions
This is an exciting time to be a leader with ANZ as we take advantage of the rapid change and disruption of traditional banking business models. We're building a bank capable of leading and shaping the future so we can improve the financial wellbeing and sustainability of customers.
To do this, we need a culture that lets us adapt, evolve, and flourish over the long term. That's why ask all our people to focus on Creating Opportunities, Delivering What Matters and Succeeding Together. We support our leaders with tools, tips and online coaching so that they can help their teams focus on these things too, helping them to grow and succeed in their roles.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number 23249
. Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (a company incorporated in Australia) Job Posting End Date
05/10/2022 , 11.59pm, (Melbourne Australia)