A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Corporate Communications
Hang Seng's Corporate Communications Department formulates and executes compelling communications programmes that promote the Bank's corporate image, products and services. It monitors public opinions about the Bank and ensures important messages are conveyed in a timely and effective manner. The Department also helps safeguard Hang Seng's brand and position as the leading domestic bank in Hong Kong by advising on reputational matters and strengthening relationships with its stakeholders.
The Bank is seeking a high-calibre professional to join the Department as Head of Corporate Affairs.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Communications and Community Investments, the incumbent will be responsible for driving the Bank's corporate communications programmes that engage identified stakeholders and has a measurable impact on the Bank's reputation and/or employee engagement.
The incumbent will play an active role at all stages of communications initiatives, from idea conception through to delivery, and partner with other stakeholders to align and develop narratives. He/ she will also have established relationships with media in Hong Kong and mainland China. Key responsibilities include:
• Develop holistic, integrated and proactive external communications plans that align with the Bank's strategic priorities to connect, inspire and engage external stakeholders
• Lead key message planning and develop creative and compelling stories to ensure that the Bank's brand attributes and all important messages are effectively communicated to all stakeholders
• Coordinate with all Businesses and Functions of the Bank and Hang Seng China to maximize publicity values in local markets and ensure aligned communications approach
• Work closely with internal stakeholders on messaging and positioning for results announcement and ensure complete accuracy across all English and Chinese documents
• Lead the production of annual and interim reports from conceptual stage to content development and provide writing/editorial support for both English and Chinese copies
• Oversee and provide directions for speech writing for senior executives to ensure compelling contents are delivered
• Lead the development and rollout of integrated employee communications plans that connect, inspire and engage employees and help them understand the Bank's purpose and values, business strategies, and visions of senior leaders
• Lead key message planning and organisation of bank-wide employee communications events and initiatives and ensure communications messages are effectively deployed across all internal channels
• Strategically plan and integrate all internal communications channels and see to it that all important messages are effectively conveyed to all stakeholders
• Act as an internal advisor for effective internal communications to promote the Bank as an employer of choice and enhance two-way communications between senior leaders and employees
• Develop clear direction to drive the smooth delivery of activities and programmes, ensuring they are tracked and measured appropriately to demonstrate effectiveness Requirements Requirements
- Seasoned communications expert with a track record of delivering top-class communications programmes to stakeholders
- Possesses a strategic, analytical, creative and innovative mindset
- Ability to understand business issues and simplify the complex, turning the Bank's news and insights into compelling communications that deliver results
- Excellent management skills, including to work confidently and effectively with senior executives
- Strong intercultural and political sensitivity, with the ability to make mature and confident decisions that support the Bank's values and strategic priorities
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
Visit Hang Seng Career Page and sign up with our Talent Community to receive the latest information about our career opportunities in Hang Seng Hong Kong.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.