To develop, implement and maintain quantitative models / scorecards and systems to assess the default likelihood, recovery expectations and volatility for different segments of the Bank’s portfolio
Roles and Responsibilities:
Lead a team of credit risk modelling analysts to:
- Develop, implement and maintain credit rating models for the measurement and management of credit risk for different segments of the Bank’s portfolios.
- Develop and maintain user requirements, parameters and configurations of rating systems for different customer segments.
- Monitor, back test and report performance of the models.
- Work closely with independent model validators to ensure adherence to the governance framework for model deployment and ensure timely closure of validation issues.
- Active engagement with stakeholders to develop analytic solutions using outputs from such models in credit decision, business strategies, risk appetite setting and provisioning and capital assessment
- At least 8 years of experience in the development and maintenance of quantitative credit risk models / scorecards for consumer and/or wholesale portfolios, with at least 3 years in management of a team.
- Strong statistical and risk modeling skills, and programming knowledge in SAS, SQL, and/or Python/R.
- Expert knowledge and competence in credit risk management, Basel requirements and internal risk rating.
- Strong communication skills especially in explaining complex technical subjects in a simple/pragmatic way and stakeholder management.
- Experience in leading and managing a team of analysts will be an added advantage.