The Marketing Sr Group Manager manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. Typically, a direct report to a C16 role and function as an integral member of the functional leadership team within a country/site location, job family, or line of business. Responsibilities:
- Senior level responsibility for creating the go-to-market strategy required to impact targeted, defined segment opportunities which will produce incremental profit and positively impact customer experience. Defines key initiatives in partnership with Channel leaders increase acquisition, penetration, sales and/or retention within key targeted segments.
- Responsible for devising the launch plan - including key milestones, impacted channels, and dependencies required to successfully launch,
- hitting the set segment targets and driving the initiatives which have been agreed upon. May be required to work with key constituents in the marketing community to establish clear messaging/communication guidelines by segment. Will also be required to ensure alignment across the organization to accomplish goal - including agreed upon governance and organizational models which will drive appropriate resourcing and funding.
- Will also be required to work with key partners to establish target goals - key measures of success for each initiative; ensure clearly understood and articulated throughout project team.
- Manages the implementation of identified key initiatives; leading key project meetings and creating executive-level summaries to keep key stakeholders apprised/engaged throughout campaigns. Also expected to measure and track the impact each initiative has on the business; determine related go-forward strategy based on results and continuing to refine/adjust plans accordingly.
- Manage team of individuals, who would be accountable for driving the go to market delivery cross channels.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of experience, including 8-10+ years' managerial experience
- Financial services experience. Experience in process improvement, compliance/controls and project management.
- Outstanding organizational skills and time management;
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written) Able to successfully navigate and build relationships in matrixed organizations;
- Demonstrated digital marketing competence across search, display, paid media and measurement.
- Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail, along with high levels of emotional intelligence and partnership skills.
- A highly resourceful individual with self-motivation, and proven ability to navigate global, matrixed organizations and execute cross-functional initiatives
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Marketing Job Family:
Marketing Generalist Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting