Head of Financial Planning and Insights, Asia Pacific Insurance and Wealth Management, HSBC Life - HSBC Insurance
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
HSBC Insurance provides a comprehensive range of life products and services to suit the every possible need of our personal, commercial, corporate, institutional and private banking customers. As a leader in new life insurance business the business serves this diverse client portfolio through a wide network of banking, consumer finance and insurance subsidiaries throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Head of Financial Planning and Insights, Asia Pacific Insurance and Wealth Management, HSBC Life
. Principal responsibilities
- Lead the development of customer centric financial planning approach and define a world class and relevant journey that is suitable and valuable for Chinese customers. The financial planning model is expected to ride on the existing HSBC approach whilst significantly fine-tune it to become a major differentiation in key Asia market. The model is expected to incorporate health and wellbeing components to support our client to be their best, to manage risks and capture opportunities to reach their key goals
- Responsible for designing, and developing insights and content across financial wellbeing, physical and mental wellbeing, and in the later stage on sustainability and philanthropy topics for financial planners to have robust conversations with customers. This includes through digital, or face to face channel, delivering relevant content and experience to support customers directly to learn about these topics.
- Work with Digital, IT, and external technology partners to support development of the end to end experience from discover to service, that is to be utilised both in person via tablet and via digital channel such as WeChat, or self-guided games and tools
- Develop training and accreditation content and standards in collaboration with Distribution team, including material to support advisor on boarding and ongoing professional development
- Work closely with products, services and proposition team to deliver coherent value proposition and experience to customers
- Lead the development of sales quality standards to ensure appropriateness of advice and fair customer outcomes in all instances
- Develop advisor support model, including insurance and wealth specialists with deep subject matter expertise to support advisors as required
- Draw in multiple expertise within HSBC across Wealth Management, Insurance, Asset Management on an ongoing basis; and continue to iterate and manage multiple releases in line with development of market and customer demand and interest
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Undergraduate degree in related field (e.g. finance, accounting). CFP, CFA certified preferred
- Customer centric- able to clearly understand the needs and wants of customers
- Commercial and market focused- strong understanding of current practice, pain points and understanding of opportunities in market such as China
- Seasoned Wealth Management, Insurance, Financial planning professional with experience across client segments and asset class
- Strong knowledge of products such as Insurance, Pensions, Funds and Unit Trusts
- Experience working with large scale advisors team and serving mass affluent and affluent clients valuable
- Technical knowledge and broad understanding of advice process
- Experience of strategy development and execution, change management, and organizational change across specific financial product categories and customer segments
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Fluent in English and Mandarin.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.