Our client is a renowned life insurance company with rapid business growth throughout the year. To cope with the rapid business expansion, they are urgently hiring a Head of IT to lead the IT department.
IT Strategy & Planning
- Develop & maintain IT strategy, ensure business alignment
- Build strong relationships with business and service stakeholders; represents Technology in business discussions and ensures technology capabilities required by business are available & fit-for-purpose
- Work with business to drives technology investment planning and come up with ideas to maximize returns on technology investment for the organization
- Own budget setting, forecasting and IT P&L actuals
- In collaboration with APAC IT leadership, leadership team, define target technology architecture and set technology direction.
IT support & Service Delivery
- Own technology service & support offered to business
- Work with leadership team and respective HK/APAC/global IT teams to ensure the delivery of technology services & systems that meet the business objectives and IT strategy
- Ensure adequate & competent IT resources (internal and external) to support the business demand
- Accountable for the adoption of global governance processes and adherence to enterprise standards & policies
IT Team & Talent Management
- Work with respective HK/APAC/Global IT functional leaders to define IT organization’s structure, roles, and responsibilities
- Provide on-the-ground leadership to local IT teams and manage local service partners/vendors
- Create culture of performance and value in local technology teams
- Mentor, coach and develop local IT talents; Drive D&I agenda for local IT function
- Collaborate and build strong working relationships with APAC Technology and Global Technology peers to ensure consistency of information, methodologies and reports; share best practices and systems knowledge
- At least 15 years of Managerial experience with at least 8 years of experience as an overall Head of IT/Technology for a sizable team of 20 in insurance industry
- Strong stakeholder management at C-level with exceptional influencing skills to gather buy-in from various business stakeholders.
- Candidates should have proven track record of translating IT digitalization (Cloud Azure, Data Analytics, DevOps, and etc) trends into technology investment for organization that is suitable for adoption.
- Candidates with proven track record in designing global roadmaps/IT strategy will be is required