Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Hang Seng Indexes Company Limited
Hang Seng Indexes Company Limited ('Hang Seng Indexes Company') manages and compiles the Hang Seng Family of Indexes, which cover stocks listed in Hong Kong and Mainland China. Our index series includes the Hang Seng Index, the Hang Seng China Enterprises Index and the Hang Seng TECH Index, as well as Stock Connect, Greater Bay Area and sector-related indexes. As at the end of 2021, assets under management in products passively tracking indexes in the Hang Seng Family of Indexes had reached a total of about US$44 billion.
Hang Seng Indexes Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hang Seng Bank. Our company is a team of professionals who strives for delivering quality, efficient and world-class index complier services to customers and financial institutions around the world.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Head of Index Strategic Research . Principal responsibilities
- Sustain Hang Seng Indexes' authority in the China and Hong Kong financial market;
- Formulate winning strategy to promote usage of the Hang Seng Family of Indexes;
- Plan and originate research publication ideas and generate quality research paper;
- Publish quality research paper to promote the Hang Seng Family of Indexes;
- Conduct research on the features / applications of various types of indexes and to produce relevant publication accordingly;
- Identify the latest market trend and produce quality feature article in a timely manner;
- Interact with various market stakeholders, such as HK and mainland regulators, stock exchanges, listed companies and index product issuers (fund managers & investment banks); and
- Promote the Hang Seng Family of Indexes through giving public presentation.
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related disciplines ;
- Thorough understanding in the financial markets, especially for the index industry;
- Strong sense in the latest development of the financial market;
- At least 10 years of experience in index / macro / equity research or relevant industry experience;
- Capable of working independently as well as good team player with a strong sense of ownership;
- Experienced in leading, developing and motivating the research team;
- Solid experience of constructing and maintaining database of economic and company data;
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint);
- Experience of using Bloomberg, Wind, Factset, and Refinitiv is a PLUS;
- P roficiency in English, Putonghua and Cantonese , with excellent writing skills in both English and Chinese;
- Exceptional ability to translate complex concept into succinct proposition for relevant audiences;
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes.
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.