Head of Innovation - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Head of Innovation
. Principal responsibilities
- Growth through innovation opportunities focused on SBO or SBI and partnership opportunities
- Contribution to the evolution of selected Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Digital Strategic Capabilities through the development of new innovative products and services
- Growth of reputation for innovation
- A genuine innovation champion who can speak confidentially and drive thought leadership regarding broad areas of digital and business innovation
- Experience in driving innovation opportunities at C-Suite level both internally and externally
- Leverages significant cross industry and cross geographic experience in customer experience strategy and design, product definition and performance, partnerships as well as development of new business opportunities.
- Drives collaboration within the relevant SBO or SBI, Global, Regional and Local Partnerships, Innovation, Strategic Capabilities, Technical Delivery Teams as well as HSBC Digital Services Team and the broader Retail Banking and Wealth Management Business Teams where relevant.
- Manages and drives the capability development of an integrated regional team of Innovation professionals.
- Regular review to identify key risks, issues and interdependencies. Determine and apply appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Ensure regular and positive engagement with key support functions such as Risk, Compliance and Human Resources to ensure alignment of policies and plans necessary to deliver necessary outcomes in relation to innovation activities and deliverables.
- Adherence to Global Standards, Financial Crime Compliance and Risk considerations in an aligned manner within the context of the Retail Banking and Wealth Management strategy through operational practice and planned activity.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Relevant Degree or equivalent
- Developing commercially viable, innovative, customer-led digital businesses across multiple industries and geographies
- Experience on a broad range of product and service management, development and deployment activities
- Experience on end to end identification of opportunities for innovation through evolving customer behaviours and emerging technologies, developing business cases, defining requirements and proving commercial viability
- In the development of building an innovation capability, managing an agile innovation team and driving a high performing culture
- Proven ability to build strong relationships across stakeholder groups
- Proven ability to effectively influence and communicate across various business lines and units from C-suite level and down within the organisation.
- Proven ability to navigate through differences of opinion in a complex and multi layered organisation
- Proven ability to demonstrate flexibility when addressing shifting or competing priorities, changing budgets and macro influences
- Proven ability to influence large teams without direct leadership authority
- Proven ability to manage third party partners both in partnership development when required, and ongoing partner management.
- Proven ability to share responsibility for key decision making with a team, while accepting responsibility to drive internal decision-making processes.
- Experience in global and or regional roles, working effectively to deliver targets across diverse cultures.
- Experience in a matrix environment with direct reports.
- Experience in consumer financial services an advantage, but not essential
- Extensive experience through leadership and creativity to proactively propose new business opportunities and resolve issues
- Experience with technology including the ability to translate business and customer needs to business requirements, customer journey mapping, technical assessments, organisational buy-in, launch, and ongoing management.
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills and presentation skills
- Competency with professional project planning, and other project management skills
- Experience in Functional Design experience to map customer processes an advantage.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.