Head of Internal Audit - FMI (Clearing/Settlements)
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- BeathChapman , EA Licence No: 16S8112
- 04 Sep 18 2018-09-04
• Direct report to the CEO of the organisation • Line management of a local team • Key liaison for internal (Board, SMT, Committees) and external (Regulatory bodies) stakeholders
A private financial services business which has been established for over two decades is looking to hire a Head of Audit to take on leadership of their internal audit function.
This business is the largest provider of clearing and settlements services to the banking sector in Hong Kong, offering innovative domestic and international solutions which are critical in ensuring the viability of Hong Kong as a global financial services hub.
This role will play a key role in providing assurance to the Senior Management Team and all other relevant parties as to the risk control framework robustness and operational efficacy of this financial services infrastructure provider which plays an integral role in the Hong Kong economy.
- Ownership of the Annual Audit plan, designing a proactive strategy to mitigate corporate risk
- Presentation of audit findings and recommendations to the Senior Management, the Board of Directors and the Audit / Risk Committees
- Line management of a small team, ensuring continuous professional development of the members
- Implement best practice in the function, promoting international standards and methodology
Skills / Experience:
- MANDATORY - Fluent English and Chinese (written/spoken), proficiency in Putonghua will be an advantage
- Relevant qualifications: e.g. CPA, CISA, CIA, ACA etc.
- Extensive experience in financial services internal audit, ideally with a strong appreciation of both business and IT auditing techniques
- Prior line management experience, with the ability to delegate tasks effectively and be involved in mentoring junior staff members
- Exceptional communication skills and demonstrable experience in liaising / presenting to senior management
- Knowledge of clearing and settlements activities, and an understanding of the regulatory environment