Working for an international bank and securities firm, they are looking for a Head of Operations to lead their team of 6 people. SFC 1 4, 9, it will oversee the whole operaitons team, including trade, settlements, policy and procedures, and other MO and BO matters.
- Oversee the Operations Department and ensure that human resources are effectively deployed and staff are cross trained so that every function is adequately covered with backup;
- Regularly review operational processes to ensure that adequate controls are in place to minimize errors, maximum efficiency is achieved by streamlining the processes and by automation if possible, the processes continue to meet business, clients and counterparty needs and expectation as well as relevant regulatory requirements and internal policies;
- Set up a strategic operational plan which would be based on the company’s short and longer term business direction and needs as well as global best practices.
- Ensure that all key operational processes are included in clearly set out operational policies and procedures;
- Set up a professional development and training program for the operational team members and ensure that they are continuously competent in their respective role;
- Provide appropriate operational management information reports for management and for the Risk Management Department
- Ensure that all operational related service providers are properly managed in accordance with the internal policies and the relevant regulatory requirements
- Develop close working partnership with other key functions within the Company as well as the relevant teams
- Lead, manage or/and perform special projects as requested by management from time to time
- Work closely with the risk management department to develop an effective business continuity plan
- Bachelor degree in Business, Finance or related disciplines
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Operations in asset management, brokerage or investment banking operations industry, with at least 2 years in a managerial role
- Good knowledge of SFC regulatory requirement, operations processes and general practice, including client onboarding, credit administration, etc
- Intensive knowledge in middle or back office roles and responsibilities and control environment