Our client is a regional Investment Bank who is looking for a Head of Operations based in Hong Kong managing a team of middle office, settlements and operations professionals across all products.
- Establishing and maintaining adequate and effective systems of controls over the corporation's operations
- Reviewing budgets and developing business strategic plans for the operations group
- Interfacing with Firm management and management of business units, technology, legal and compliance, risk and audit, and financial areas on all operations related issues
- Acting as the Firm's liaison with key industry and regulatory groups related to operations activities and maintaining good relationships with the regulators including the SFC, CSRC, MAS, stock exchanges and clearing houses
- Work with Group Head of Operations and develop plans to integrate and collaborate with overseas and mainland teams and platforms
- Conducting human resources management for overseas operations
- Supporting and implementing Firm and business re-engineering projects
- Building and enhancing the operations capabilities to support the rapid growth of the Firm's primary and secondary global market businesses, including both cash, derivatives, & prime brokerage; across Equities, FICC and Asset management product sets
- Managing the entire operational functions including but not limited to syndicate support, account opening, trading processing, clearance and settlement, corporate action, fund processing and regulatory reporting
- Establishing and improving policies and procedures to mitigate the operational risks, to ensure the controls of the operational risk management are in place and keep the management well-informed
- Building a capable core team with sound operations knowledge and experiences.
- Coaching and leading the teams in terms of new products/businesses including listed and OTC products in Equities, FICC and Wealth Management
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experiences in the financial field with at least 5 years at the managerial level with proven track records
- Solid work experience in the Operations Department at international investment banks, with expertise in Hong Kong, strong working knowledge to China markets, and exposure to key international markets
- Driven, mature, well-organized, team-player, with strong sense of responsibility and good problem solving skills, and can work under pressure
- Excellent client facing communication and interpersonal skills
- Good command of Mandarin and the English proficiency is a must
Profile Search & Selection is Asia’s leading search & selection firm, providing collaborative solutions to financial services, commercial and professional services clients.
Across our offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai and Beijing, we provide access to a longstanding network throughout Asia, bolstered by a team of consultants and in-house researchers with specialist expertise at the sector and functional level. From market intelligence to executive search, we use robust tools to find and secure the right leaders for your organisation, and offer key market insights to inform your talent strategy.
In February 2020, Profile joined forces with WilsonHCG, an award-winning, global leader in total talent solutions. With a global presence spanning 65+ countries and six continents, WilsonHCG provides a full suite of configurable talent services, including recruitment process outsourcing (RPO), executive search, contingent talent solutions and technology advisory.
By expanding our presence, we can not only better serve our clients at a local level throughout Asia, but also across North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Together, we provide our clients access to a single provider with capabilities across the globe.
Let us help you take the next step in your career. Click here to learn more: www.profileasia.com
SG License No: 16S8069 | HK License EA No: 61753