The Role Responsibilities Job Summary Strategy
- Accountable for the development and execution of the Regional Property Corporate Plan including the delivery of the property scorecard objectives and outcomes aligned to strategic goals of Workplace Experience, Safety, Efficiency and Sustainability
- Accountable for the development and delivery of regional and country property strategies, influencing key geographic and business stakeholders to ensure optimal solutions are implemented.
- This role is a member of the Group Property Management Team, with collective responsibility for developing the Property Strategy aligned with the overall Bank strategy.
- The role is accountable through regional and country Property teams to ensure all aspects of the Property function are well managed, well operated and provide safe and productive work environment for the group's staff and customers
- Accountable for Property engagement model with regional/country CEO's and business leaders, to ensure the function has a deep understanding of strategic business needs and influence business outcomes beyond express needs.
- Accountable for managing a portfolio of 938 buildings, spread across 9.2m square feet of branch and office space, supporting more than 79k SCB staff across 24 countries.
Managing a regional operating budget of more than $637m, through geographic teams in the most effective and efficient manner in support of and aligned with the business strategy, through continually improving operating metrics relating to space use, costs and employee experience. Processes
People and Talent
- Accountable for the Property geographic operating model and resourcing/budget decisions
- Develop, implement and deliver regional and country property strategies and strategic initiatives
- Manage annual country Property budgets including capital projects budgets. Agree Country & Regional budgets with key stakeholders
- Lead and empower teams to ensure the Region meets its respective agreed environmental targets
- Play a leadership role - accountable for providing clear, effective and supportive supervision and leadership of the Asia regional Property team
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from the team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical role, build bench strength and formulate succession plans for the team
- Develop high performing and collaborative teams and enhance cross-functional relationships.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks
- Review the team structure/capacity plans regularly and feed opportunities into Property TOM refresh.
- Support the SCB promise through the active support for team CSR activities.
As Risk Control Owner for Property Management and Security Management (including H&S regulations) in Region, responsible under the Group Operational Risk Framework (ORF) for ensuring that the residual risks within the scope of Property responsibilities remain within appetite. In discharging this responsibility, the Regional Head must:
- Risk control owner for all Property related risks, including Health and Safety, Security and Business Continuity Management.
- Responsible for ensuring that the residual risks within the scope of responsibilities for managing the risk control areas of Property remain within appetite at Regional level.
- Act as a liaison between the RMT and Property for Regional Crisis Management
- Challenge and verify First Line risk identification and assessments, in line with changes in the internal and external environment
- Identify and report key risks and ensure where outside of the risk appetite they are escalated to the appropriate body for risk acceptance
- Maintain a good understanding of applicable laws and regulations pertaining to Property Risk control areas
- Monitor compliance with and effectiveness of the risk control environment
- Monitor 'live' risk issues and events material to the Bank and verify whether appropriate management action is being taken to mitigate their impact
- Advise governance bodies on key risks, the effectiveness of mitigants and controls, and alignment of residual risks with appetite
- Ensure operations in region / country are audit ready
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Act as second line of assurance underpinning Partners responsibilities
- Represent Property in risk committees - Regional FORTM, NFRC. etc
- Chair Regional FORTM meetings every two months.
- Accountable to ensure Supply Partner governance standards are met and performance of supply partners is meeting agreed service level standards.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Asia Property team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Monitor local regulatory developments and establish local addenda to Property owned Policies and Standards as required
- Accountable for senior stakeholder management within the region; developing strong partnerships, proactive discovery of upcoming projects that impact the regional spend, while creating value by influencing stakeholders to make decisions when considering the wider business.
- Key stakeholder interactions are CEOs, CFOs, COO's CIOs and Business/Function Heads in the region and countries.
- Property Leadership Teams.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Execute director responsibilities to entities where appointed as a Director, to ensure effective oversight and governance in line with local laws and the Group's polices and risk frameworks.
- Experience - Real Estate Senior position 12+ years
Preferred Qualifications (experience more important than qualifications):
Role Specific Technical Skills And Competencies
- MBA or similar.
- Preferably a bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Facilities Management, engineering or other business-related discipline preferred
- Knowledge of the facilities/real estate market as well as a keen understanding of customer service principles
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in seeking out market opportunities and leveraging supplier base to maximum advantage
- Exceptional leadership capabilities and experience managing large multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong Communication and Negotiation skills
About Standard Chartered
- Influencing Through Expertise
- Effective Communications
- Business Intelligence
- Risk Management
- Supply Partner Management
- Facilities Management
- Budget Management
- Premises Management and Security
- Lease and Property Management - Real Estate
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do.
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well.
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others and work collectively to build for the long term.
, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations.
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum.
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns.
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits.
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning.
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers