Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Risk and Compliance Division - Regulatory Compliance
The Risk & Compliance function is a Second line of defence (LOD) function, responsible for reviewing and challenging the activities of the Group's businesses (also referred to as "the First LOD") to ensure that they effectively manage as "Risk Owners" the risks inherent in or arising from the conduct of their activities and for which they are responsible. The Second LOD consists of 'Risk Stewards' who are independent of the commercial risk-taking activities undertaken by the First LOD. The Risk & Compliance function is a Risk Steward for a number of risks in accordance with HSBC Group's risk framework.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Head of Regulatory Compliance, CMB & GBM. Principal responsibilities
The Head of Regulatory Compliance, CMB & GBM for HASE HK is the senior accountable executive responsible for ensuring that HSBC's operations in HASE HK are effective in identifying, managing and mitigating Regulatory Compliance risks and ensure timely advice is provided to the business.
The responsibilities of the Head of Regulatory Compliance CMB & GBM are to:
- Primarily to support the Head of Regulatory Compliance, to maintain an effective control framework and to ensure compliance with all relevant external laws & regulations, internal codes and policies and good market practices. With primary focus on CMB & GBM area
- Articulate the Regulatory Compliance risks for HASE HK.
- Provide advisory services to CMB & GBM business in order to ensure clear understanding of regulatory compliance risk exposure with respect to clients, transactions and products.
- Manage the relationship with relevant regulators on behalf of HASE HK.
- Be responsible for second line governance of Regulatory Compliance risks exposures, providing analysis, reporting and governance to HASE HK that is independent of the first line of defence, thereby maintaining an objective assessment of risk exposure.
- To exercise risk steward challenge, act as independent trusted advisory in governance forums, issue management, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with risk owners and control owners.
- Assist the senior management of HASE HK, the leadership of the Compliance function, and other colleagues on all material regulatory compliance related matters.
- Represents the Risk & Compliance agenda up to the highest levels of the Group's governance, including being an attendee (as required) at the HASE HK Board (and related sub-committees) to report on progress and issues in relation to the operational effectiveness of HSBC's policies, processes, systems and controls in countering Regulatory Compliance risks.
- Be a leader of the HASE HK Risk & Compliance team, establishing guiding principles and strategic operational objectives, owning budgeting and managing costs, headcount and resources to ensure that the teams are fit for purpose and that the delivery of its critical services to the Group is both effective and cost-efficient.
- Significant experience as a regulator, or a senior compliance manager across all areas of Regulatory Compliance risk within a global firm, in the financial services industry.
- Detailed and extensive knowledge of the HSBC Group and HASE structure, its business and personnel, and corporate culture.
- Thorough understanding of CMB & GBM business with practical knowledge of broad range of CMB & GBM products and services.
- Significant leadership experience and an experienced strategic thinker.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with experience of dealing with executives at all levels.
- Ability to develop practical, cost effective solutions to complex issues.
- A legal or formal accountancy qualification or professional background in a relevant risk or audit discipline.
Visit Hang Seng Career Page and sign up with our Talent Community to receive the latest information about our career opportunities in Hang Seng Hong Kong.