PersolKelly’s Snapshot To lead and oversee the Risk, Legal & Compliance Department to ensure alignment to regulatory requirements and company policy standards.
Our client is a reputable General Insurer providing personal and commercial products.
Exciting new role for you
- Lead the Department to maintain an effective risk management framework to identify, assess, manage, monitor and report all material risks;
- Execute risk management strategy and activities set out by the Board of Directors and Group Management; Providing business continuity advice to the Board, including acting as a member of the Crisis Management committee if required;
- Implement new risk related regulatory requirements, including the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (“ORSA”) framework, GL21 and GL13, etc. issued by the Insurance Authority;
- Formulate appropriate risk management policies, risk culture, methodologies and practices to ensure full compliance with regulatory and other requirements as well as sound industrial practices;
- Perform regular risk assessment and monitoring using various risk indicators and appropriate stress tests, and develop operational process in tracking, measuring, analyzing and reporting risk and operating data; Execute the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) annual work plan;
- Advise Management on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls in place to adhere to risk management policies and guidelines, and to comply with regulatory requirements; facilitate the quarterly Risk and Capital Committee meetings; Acting as the company Anti-Fraud Officer with involvement in sensitive fraud cases;
- Maintain close contact with external regulators and auditors on related risk issues; Facilitate regulatory submissions and engagement with the regulator on a need-base;
- Advise or train staff at all levels on core and on-going risk management issues
- At least 10 years of working experience in Risk functions in a Hong Kong based Insurance company
- Strong knowledge of insurance operations, risk management and control framework
- Proven experience in leading a team
- Strong communicator in both English and Cantonese
You will be working an established General Insurer in the Hong Kong market.
Please send your CV to email@example.com or call Noriel De Vera at 2281 0029 to have a confidential discussion about this role and other exciting opportunities for you.