Head of Sales, Trading and Research FLOD APAC - Vice President
Who we are looking for
The Regional Business Risk Officer will oversee and manage significant business risks that have an impact to the region's Sales & Trading and Research business. The risks are typically driven by changes or opportunities in markets, regulatory changes, or by new market entrants that have a direct impact to the Sales & Trading business. The responsibilities will include the identification of risks, the analysis and the development of strategy around these risks as well as the coordination across different areas, regions and groups that have an involvement, contribute to or have a responsibility in handling and resolving these risks. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Head of Sales, Trading and Research FLOD APAC - Vice President, you will
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ownership of the FX business risk function by implementing internal, bankwide and industry defined First Line of Defense goals, the Global Code that has been published by the BIS and adopted by all major central banks around the world and other Conduct and Business Standards that are established by the regulators such as the Fed, the FCA and relevant industry groups. The process will include day to day risk management functions as well as ongoing training of trading and sales personnel and the coordination with the banks other Control functions including the Trade and Communications Surveillance area, the Compliance area, the Legal group and the middle office and operational
- Lead the front office business effort to coordinate, analyze, influence, contribute to the evolving industry, market or regulatory changes or practices that have an impact to the business.
- Develop new tests, evaluate performance, review trends and business practices relating to conduct and service standards in the Sales & Trading business.
- Analyze, discuss, and develop strategy to address significant non-market driven changes that can have risks / costs / balance sheet / liquidity / financing / clearing / collateral or other impacts to the FX business.
- Maintain documentation relating to the risk framework, procedures and standards relating to business practices as well as developing the necessary training and contributing to developing a culture of risk excellence.
- Ensure the banks compliance, ethics and other standards and requirements for the Sales and Trading business is adopted, monitored, supported.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge on Global Market
- Familiar with FX business
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team