Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Head of Securities Services, Wealth & Personal Banking
WPB Securities Services
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our departmentas Head of Securities Services, Wealth & Personal Banking.
Reporting to the Head of WPB, the Head of Securities Services role is a senior leadership role within WPB with the full responsibility for the securities business. Principal responsibilities:
- Being the Executive Officer (EO) of HASE for securities business. Lead delivery of product performance targets with Profit and Loss responsibility
- Lead development and delivery of strategies, new / improved product propositions to existing (and in some cases new) customers to optimize individual customer profitability
- Strengthen the Bank's competitive edge and the brand of the Bank's securities business through innovative product design, marketing initiatives and expansion of customer segment
- Explore business opportunities and actively participate in the formation of securities related joint venture in the Mainland via Hang Seng Securities Limited under the regime of CEPA
- Ensure all control measures relevant to the job responsibilities are undertaken to minimize the risk exposure of Bank and to manage operational risk, including its identification, assessment, mitigation and controls, loss identification and reporting
- Manage the processes, infrastructure and resources needed to deliver agreed team plans and targets, identifying and implementing improvements and collaborating with colleagues to maximise end to end integration, effectiveness and efficiency
Keep abreast of the latest development and changes of related rules and regulations and timely communicate those changes with all SEC colleagues to ensure that they are fully aware of those requirements. Keep the Chief Compliance Officer informed of all significant compliance matters and Requirements Requirements:
- Demonstrated leadership and strong track record of performance in securities services / or related functions
- Sound business acumen with long-term vision in driving the formulation of WPB strategies and managing business performance
- Proven leadership capability in leading a large team to inspire and engage people, develop and communicate purpose led vision, and create an inclusive, high performing, customer-centric culture
- University Graduate with a minimum of 15 years working experience
Desired future skills :
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese, fluency in Putonghua
- Change and Transformation - ability to proactively identify and bring about change opportunities and navigate resourcefully through change
- Customer engagement - a customer centric mindset that drives business growth in increasingly competitive and disruptive environment
- Growth Mindset - a desire to learn and improve self, embrace change, overcome challenges, see effort as a path to mastery and learn from mistakes
- Communication - ability to communicate ideas clearly, confidently and competently and create connection with others
- Creativity - ability to bring divergent ideas together to create new and innovative solutions and take creative risks that inspire and solve problems in new ways
- Curiosity - not only a desire to understand how and why but also to think more deeply and rationally which leads to more creative and innovative solutions
- Resilience - responding to difficult or adverse situations constructively and with adaptability to create options and uplift performance.
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
When applying, please submit a full resume and attach your appraisal reports for the last two years. For internal applicants with less than twelve months in their current role, Manager's endorsement is required. Please obtain and enclose the endorsement in the application.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.