Hedge Fund- Full Stack Java Developer
Full Stack Java Developer
A multi strategy hedge fund is looking for a talented full stack Java developer.
This hugely varied role involves developing applications, infrastructure and connectivity for all parts of the business, focusing on Middle Office but working with all parts of the business including portfolio managers, risk managers, treasury, compliance as well as general infrastructure.
As a multi-strategy fund they every asset class: fixed income, credit, volatility, FX, equities and exotic combinations of them all. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in buy-side finance to learn about all aspects of how a hedge fund operates.
Our new hire will be involved in every stage of the SDLC, from gathering requirements, designing, developing, testing, deploying, supporting and monitoring the system.
Java, React, Kotlin, JMS, Kafka, QuickFIX/J, SQL Server, Oracle, Docker, Junit, Linux, AWS) and use tools including GitLab, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, ZenDesk, ELK.
What kind of things you could be working on:
• Working directly with the operations team to develop new tools to automate their processes
• Engaging first hand with portfolio and risk managers to develop new pre/post trade analysis tools.
• Add and maintain trade feeds with counterparties/prime brokers.
• Extending our existing systems to support new asset classes or new risk parameters
• Creating reports on positions, commission usage, financing, etc...
• Improve and support the existing systems
• Bachelor's (or equivalent) Degree in Computer Science or similar
• Experience in a financial organization (preferably hedge funds)
• Basic SQL/RDBMS experience
• Happy to develop and support all levels of the technology stack, including frontends,
middleware, servers and databases. This could potentially involve working with different languages.
• Strong communication skills and willingness to work with portfolio managers, quants and operations to understand their requirements and develop systems to solve their problems.
• Able to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment, and prioritize work