Who we are looking for
This is a role within the Hedge Fund Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Solutions Group. The position interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally and with senior level executives of State Street. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate strong initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and be capable of managing multiple and diverse assignments. The position is responsible for managing departments experiencing significant growth. What you will be responsible for
1. Provide overall direction to team of staff to assure synchronized teamwork that accomplishes yearly and quarterly financial and operations goals and objectives.
2. Responsible for development and execution of overall business plans both internally and in partnership with clients.
3. Manage relationships with clients at appropriate levels to ensure continued confidence in State Street.
4. Manage relationships with key client contacts ensuring expectations are met and client satisfaction with the level of service received.
5. Ensure process and procedures are adequate to meet quality standards and are consistently applied and regularly reviewed within department.
6. Responsible for the direction and training of subordinate managers and staff. Address employee concerns and sensitivities.
7. Review and approve NAV files in accordance with established policies and procedures.
8. Provide support for and effectively communicate broad overall company initiatives and goals to staff within span of control.
9. Responsible for developing department budget and staffing projections. Completes staffing proposals for newly awarded business.
10. Monitors and approves department expenses.
11. Assess operational effectiveness and make suggestions to streamline functions.
12. Develop ideas for new products and services to expand business opportunities and better meet client needs.
13. Participates in new business process including review of proposals, prospect presentations, staffing allocations, etc.
14. Represent the organization internally and externally as a senior level executive of State Street.
15. Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals.
16. Allocates and coordinates resources including staff allocation, space and procurement of necessary equipment.
17. Spearhead special projects and serve on committees and task force assignments.
18. Provide leadership in areas outside of the division Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Candidate must have a university degree (business, mathematics, finance or economics preferred, accounting concentration a plus) and at least 5 - 6 years of accounting experience.
- Experience in the Hedge Fund and Fund of fund is required.
- Strong computer skills are required, especially Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel.