• Assist and support business management in identifying, assessing, measuring and mitigating compliance risks. • Provide reasonable assurance that the Bank and its employees comply with applicable laws, regulations, internal rules and ethical standards within the context of corporate governance. • Handle regulatory issues related to business partners and ensure appropriate management escalation. • Manage relationship and develop mutual understanding with the regulators and monitoring authorities with respect to compliance matters. • Work closely with business partners to broaden and deepen their knowledge and behaviour on business and industry specific regulatory requirements.
- Provide advice and support to the business units and management with regard to potential regulatory impacts of relevant laws, rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Participate in reviewing new business/new product initiatives and provide compliance input to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Review KYC documentation on new account opening and perform transactions screening and monitoring in compliance with relevant anti-money laundering and sanction regulations.
- Prepare and update policies and procedures in line with Group Policy and with regard to local laws, rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Conduct compliance induction to new joiners and provide trainings to relevant staff on changes and development of laws, rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure business activities are properly licensed and all relevant staff are properly registered with regulators as appropriate.
- Monitor key compliance issues and ensure prompt escalation to senior management or designated committee.
- Liaise with relevant regulators for any regulatory enquires and compliance related issues.
- Assist in regulatory reviews conducted by regulators and help prepare regulatory reporting, filings and self-assessments as required.
- Perform compliance review on business units in accordance with the standards and guidelines contained in the compliance monitoring plan.
- Assist in any other ad hoc projects.
Qualification & Experience
- Degree holder in Finance, Accounting or Laws
- At least 8 years’ experience in Banking and AML Compliance
Knowledge & Skills
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements in relation to banking business
- Well-versed with banking services and financial products
- PC literacy (Microsoft Office including word, excel and powerpoint)
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in written and spoken Chinese
Other Skills (e.g. Interpersonal, Communication etc)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-organized and meticulous in details
- Ability to work in a matrix reporting structure, multi-functional and cross-cultural environment
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated and be a team player
- Ability to work under pressure