A fantastic career opportunity in Human Resources at a Global Hedge Fund company. Our client is hiring for their first HR professional in Asia, to be based in Hong Kong. The firm has been around in Hong Kong / Asia for a while now and seem to be doing well. This newly created role covers all aspects of the Human Resources function and reports functionally to London. Besides Hong Kong, they have a growing office in Singapore and a small one in Shanghai too.
The position holder should be an HR generalist who has a solid grounding in human resources matters. The incumbent will be responsible for carrying out a diverse range HR duty, working in an independent role in this Global Hedge Fund firm.
The duties and responsibilities he/she is going to take include but are not limited to:
- Talent acquisition, learning development, talent management, PMS, Operations, employee engagement and grievance management.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with internal stakeholders
- Assist and advise the business teams with staffing, performance management, people development, succession planning and employee relations matters in a timely and sophisticated manner
- Network within the marketplace to understand competitive compensation practices and identify networking opportunities to enhance brand image and continued professional development
- Keep abreast of market trends, proactively provide business with market insights, and adjust HR handling accordingly
- Work with wider HR team across the company to develop and complete various harmonization projects in the areas relating to recruitment, policies and procedures and other HR operational tasks
- Review and streamline HR processes to create efficiencies.
- This role provides a great variety of HR areas of focus, including providing hands-on practical HR support and guidance for all departments and consistently applying HR policies, processes and guidelines across the business.
- It is a hands-on role within a busy HR department that would suit a person who has a positive approach and is a highly motivated self-starter.
- A good understanding of HR laws and practices in HK and other countries.
- 8 years of HR experience in a financial institution or a sizable multinational company.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in the financial services industry
- An effective and efficient communicator with good English
- Excellent interpersonal skills, integrating tact and diplomacy
- Independent with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive, client-focused, and detailed-oriented
- Aptitude to multi-task and work in an organized manner under pressure and time constraints