Human Resources Consultant - Human Resources
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
Human Resources leads the implementation of the Group's people strategy in line with business objectives. It facilitates talent management, succession planning and employee mobility while defining and overseeing frameworks that support employee performance management, reward, learning and development, resourcing and engagement.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Human Resources Consultant
. Principal responsibilities
- The role will be accountable for managing the successful delivery of HR projects and initiatives that support the business strategy set out in the HSBC Insurance strategic people plan. You will partner with business leaders and managers in HSBC Insurance on the talent management agenda, and provide expert coaching and advice, You will work closely with the Global Head of HR for Group Insurance, other HR Business Partners, HR Advisors and specialists to help design pragmatic solutions to solve business problems, framing complex challenges by leveraging internal and external expertise to deliver solutions that have measurable impact for our business either globally or within country adding commercial value
- Connect the people priorities and the business goals
- Explain and demonstrate understanding of capabilities and interdependencies of leadership, talent, culture and organisation to enable the business strategy through HR initiatives within their area of responsibility
- Manage programme delivery proactively balancing scope, schedule, interdependencies, budget and risks
- Be able to provide oversight to how HR initiatives align to the HR and Business Strategy and relevant global or country business People Plans
- Be responsible for effective programme controls and procedures within their given initiatives
- Effectively manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Report progress, issues, dependencies and risks to the relevant governance forum and make recommendations to influence decision making in order to maintain progress towards delivery
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Experience of working in an HR environment consisting of business partnering/relationship management with business leaders supported by shared services and areas of expertise
- Experience in transformation and or project management roles
- Relevant project management qualifications and CIPD accreditation is desirable but not essential
- Role model and ambassador for HSBC behaviours, and the ability to deal assertively but sensitively with internal and external customers across a matrix environment.
- Strict adherence to the requirements of confidentiality. Discretion and integrity essential
- Calm under pressure, ability to re prioritise in very short timescales.
- Flexibility, tenacity and resilience to deal with business demands during periods of high workload.
- Knowledge and experience of the Insurance market place
- Consulting agility, commercial acumen, business fluency, emerging trends prediction and adaptability, building presence, impact and influence.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.