Human Resources, Head of Experienced Recruitment Asia (ex-India), Executive Director, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Jan 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
Morgan Stanley Human Resources provides advice and insight to attract, retain, reward and develop a talented global workforce, giving employees the support and tools they need to succeed. Our HR professionals partner with each of the firm's businesses to provide a full range of services including: human capital planning; creating strategies to attract, develop and reward employees; promoting a diverse workforce; fostering employee engagement; designing competitive pay and benefit plans; and proactively addressing employee matters.
The purpose of this role is to take primary accountability for the overall design and operational delivery of the Experienced Recruitment function in Asia (ex-India) with a particular focus on driving a high quality, cost effective, flexible recruitment service in line with Firm and Business unit strategies.
RPO related activity, the role holder will;
• As a key Client Sponsor, take full responsibility for the RPO relationship and for recruitment service delivery with a particular focus on the relationship between the two organisations and for performance management against SLAs, ensuring a high quality and cost effective service is executed
• Oversight of the build-out and optimization of the recruitment team resources to drive operational efficiency and in turn maximizing the candidate and hiring manager experience, underpinned by Firm Values and Culture
• Form strong cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders across the Region.
• Act as a valued partner and trusted advisor building a deep understanding of business unit strategies and critical talent needs
• Be a conduit and facilitator between the recruiting function, HR Coverage and the Business Units and closely partner as a key point of escalation across the region
• Partner with the RPO team to translate workforce plans into efficient recruitment and sourcing strategies, with particular focus on ensuring direct sourcing activity and Firm-wide diversity objectives underpin all activities
• Drive the development of creative sourcing strategies and partner with key business partners to support networking events to enable robust talent pooling for high quality, diverse, talent
• Design and implement metrics and reports that consistently measure the efficiency and cost effectiveness of recruiting efforts, sharing with stakeholders in order to demonstrate the outputs and value of the service
• Regularly evaluate the recruitment process, systems and operational tools to drive innovation and change
• Ensure regional regulatory, legislative and recruitment best practice requirements are embedded throughout the end-end process
• Take responsibility for all legal and compliance, control and operational risk matters associated with the provision of the recruiting service and keep up to date with current and impending legislation, developments and changes, interpreting how their impact should be practically implemented
• Oversee and monitor spend for Experienced Recruitment and provide regular reporting on ROI and costs
• Undertake projects and ad-hoc requests as required
Non-RPO related activity, the role holder will;
• Proactively partner with senior business and HR stakeholders to support executive level searches for senior, business critical niche or sensitive hiring for the region across all business units
• Leverage external networks to obtain market intelligence and knowledge to inform and influence regional hiring strategies aligned to goals, culture and values
• Manage market relationships with third party search vendors and suppliers to ensure appropriate performance metrics and commercial terms are in place
• Proactively contribute to global talent projects and integrate global perspective in the development of regional plans to unify the regions
• Undertake projects and ad-hoc requests as required
Skills Required (essential)
• Significant recruiting experience with a proven track record of working in partnership with senior management and HR colleagues to deliver a high quality, cost effective, flexible recruitment service
• Solid understanding and practical experience of working with an RPO partner including account management, issue/escalation management and SLA performance evaluation
• Advanced level understanding of the experienced recruitment landscape and management of end-end executive level hiring
• A proven track record of translating business needs into effective recruiting strategies
• Experience in leading large, operational cross boarder recruitment teams
• Ability to engender trust and credibility with managers at all levels across client groups and with HR colleagues
• Effective management/supervisory skills - ability to lead, delegate and manage
• Experience in interpreting policy and establishing control points to ensure best practice delivery and compliance to process
• Ability to take ownership, to work autonomously and willingness to be accountable
• Ability to multi-task, to perform effectively and efficiently under pressure and to adapt to change
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail
• Credibility with senior management and effective client service focus
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
• Strong results focused attitude and “can- do“ mind-set
• Strong presentation and communication skills (written and verbal).
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.