IFRS 17 Business Finance Lead - Global Finance
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC's purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as IFRS 17 Business Finance Lead
. Principal responsibilities
- Collaborate with other work streams to support the development and completion of country Financial Impact Assessments as result of IFRS 17, and partner with the business to develop effective strategy and investment decisions in response to the new standard.
- Define new metrics, including input to changes of the Insurance CEO's scorecard, and MI reports that will provide insightful analysis of business performance under IFRS 17.
- Develop business strategic plans, AOP, forecasting capability under IFRS 17.
- Drive system changes to support capturing of data to facilitate actual reporting, forecasting and planning activities in future state.
- Actively drive engagement with Investor Relations and the business to fully develop the Investor Story for HSBC and the Insurance business, including appropriate investor communication and presentations to explain the financial performance under the new standard.
- Work with the technical methodology team to support analysis of Insurance value chain and to identify operational implications of Group consolidated versus Insurance entity specific reporting, where costs and revenues span multiple entities.
- Engage with Bank stakeholders to ensure appropriate engagement and buy in to future operating model and performance metrics development, including review of incentive framework.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Qualified Financial Professional in accounting, finance or actuarial discipline is required, with strong work experience in the Life Insurance industry.
- Strong numeracy background with an ability to take on new financial and technical concepts.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality analysis, recommend solutions, challenge issues with a critical mindset.
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to develop relationships and work collaboratively with others to build a consensus view and define optimal solutions.
- Driven by a hunger to learn and deliver, with a resilient and can do attitude.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills, with proven track record to lead group wide processes and work with international and virtual teams.
- Ability to work efficiently in order to optimise contribution and manage to tight deadlines and uncertainties.
- Skilled in the use of Office software, including ability to deliver impactful written reports and PowerPoint presentations.
- Experience with preparation of Investor Relations materials will be desired.
- Frequent exposure to senior Finance and business stakeholders.
- Flexibility to attend meetings via audio or video in a variety of time zones, including early mornings and late evenings on occasion. This can be undertaken remotely and can be planned in advance.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.