IFRS 17 Senior Technical Finance Manager - Global Finance
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC's purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as IFRS 17 Senior Technical Finance Manager
. Principal responsibilities
- Provide specialist accounting advice on the application of IFRS 17 and ensure HSBC is compliant with the requirement of the standard.
- Prepare papers on technical topics and submit to the Technical Review Committee for approval, which can be formalised as HSBC global policies. Engage with Pricewaterhouse Coopers and where appropriate external accounting bodies to discuss the technical topics and implications for HSBC.
- The technical policies need to be written in a high quality manner, with clear interpretations of the standard, technical assumptions, options and recommendations for HSBC, with relevance to our products and markets.
- Develop effective application guidance on the technical topics and support work streams and sites to implement the policies.
- Develop and deliver effective training materials to support better understanding of the IFRS 17 standard from both within and outside of the Program, including external stakeholders such as Board members and Audit Committees.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Qualified Financial Professional in accounting, finance or actuarial discipline is required, with solid work experience accumulated from Life Insurance companies.
- Prior experience in an accounting policy or IFRS technical accounting role is required.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality analysis, recommend solutions, challenge issues with a critical mindset.
- Excellent communication skills, with proven ability to explain IFRS technical concepts to the local Finance teams, businesses and senior stakeholders.
- Driven by a hunger to learn and deliver, manage through uncertainties, and a can do attitude.
- A team player, able to collaborate with other work streams and to help develop compliant, commercially and operationally practical solutions regarding technical matters.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills, with proven track record to reach consensus on technical topics with a wide range of stakeholders within a given timeframe.
- Skilled in the use of Office software, including ability to deliver impactful written reports and PowerPoint presentations.
- Flexibility to attend meetings via audio or video in a variety of time zones, including early mornings and late evenings on occasion. This can be undertaken remotely and can be planned in advance.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.