IMS-Operations Specialist, Officer
The characteristics of this role are:
- Provide a high standard of support to both internal or external clients
- Embrace State Street's "corporate values" and support a work environment reflective of those values
- Effectively communicate with clients, custodians, brokers, managers, and peers within State Street
- Be a strong team player and demonstrate dedication to group and company goals
- Demonstrate professional maturity and effective time management
- Demonstrate the ability to analyse a problem, obtain and evaluate information, and reach sound conclusions
- Ensure all internal/external clients' inquiries are logged and resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Establish strong working relationships with the client service teams providing services for local clients, monitoring their performance and acting as the escalation point on behalf of local clients
- Ensure all daily and monthly services are delivered in accordance with relevant client SLA's
- Ensure all transactions are processed on a daily basis
- Participate in semi-annual broker review meetings
- Facilitate new market initiatives setup
- Facilitate client on-boarding on all aspects
- Project initiatives - involvement with regards to future automation within the department as a whole, with a direct objective of increased efficiency, accuracy and productivity.
- Contribute to team initiatives around audit, risk management
- Complete special tasks and projects assigned by the supervisor or manager.
- Develop Business Continegency Plan to ensure services expectations from clients are always maintained.
- Support the development of a 'best practice' Client Service model across IMS Asia Pacific
- Embrace the implementation of the IMS Global Operating Model
- Work effectively with peers locally and across the region to achieve common goals
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
Qualifications & Experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be responsible and take ownership to the job which is allocated
- Must be organised and able to multi-task often working to tight deadlines.
- Must have demonstrated an ability to handle numerous activities and to prioritize work effectively.
- Must be pro-active and be a problem solver
- Must be highly professional interacting with several departments within the company
- Must be flexible often dealing with ad-hoc queries from clients.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the risks involved in the processes and reflect this in their approach to work prioritisation
- A team player
- BS/BA degree preferred.
- Proven track record in a client service environment, with a minimum 3-5 years client service experience
- Excellent understanding of the Investment Management industry, with a minimum 5 years industry experience
- Good understanding of Investment Manager Operations, particularly around processes and key deliverables
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise under pressure
- Good understanding of State Street operations - technical, systems, policies and procedures - is an advantage
- PC skills with an excellent understanding of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Experience in account or relationship management is certainly a merit