Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Hang Seng Indexes Company Ltd
Hang Seng Indexes Company Limited ('Hang Seng Indexes Company') manages and compiles the Hang Seng Family of Indexes, which cover stocks listed in Hong Kong and Mainland China. Our index series includes the Hang Seng Index, the Hang Seng China Enterprises Index and the Hang Seng TECH Index, as well as Stock Connect, Greater Bay Area and sector-related indexes. As at the end of 2020, assets under management in products passively tracking indexes in the Hang Seng Family of Indexes had reached a total of about US$38 billion.
Hang Seng Indexes Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hang Seng Bank. Our company is a team of professionals who strives for delivering quality, efficient and world-class index complier services to customers and financial institutions around the world.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as IT Development Manager. Principal responsibilities
- Manage system development projects in the above business areas aligning with the Bank's project management framework;
- Maintain the high quality of service and deliverable for the critical index business;
- Incident management on Critical real-time system - clearly communicate and escalate to key stakeholders, provide quick response on immediate recovery;
- Schedule and deliver system solutions in accordance with relevant business requirements;
- Work closely with software engineers and service providers, to ensure the delivered projects/ solutions can meet the budget, time-line, and quality objectives in alignment with business strategy;
- Provide proactive consultancy to business users in formulating system solutions that can help business to capture revenue growth, improve customer experience and operational efficiency.
- University degree in Computer Science or related discipline;
- Minimum 6 years of IT system development experience, preferable in financial industry;
- Strong track record in collaborating with relevant business units and service providers in project delivery;
- Exposure on financial market data and Index systems support preferred;
- Good understanding on the SDLC, DevOps, project management framework, Agile;
- Application development and project management experiences on data management platforms preferred;
- Curious, strong analytical and problem solving skill;
- Capable to manage communications effectively including the capacity to articulate technical solutions for business' understanding;
- Strong team spirit, quality oriented and attention to details;
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese;
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes;
- Able to work under pressure to meet project schedules;
- Non-office hour and weekend support is required on roster basis
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.