IT Manager, System Development
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 504,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job:
- Responsible for managing projects especially Insurance products implementation projects throughout its life cycle including feasibility study, user expectation management and change management
- Oversees project execution within budget and time frame, measuring/identify potential risk and recommends risk mitigation wherever appropriate
- Prepare documentation on requirement, technical specification and user manual
- Perform system design, development, testing, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement
- Evaluate and recommend new IT products and services
- Monitor the performance and ensure quality support of all existing IT production systems
- Monitor the quality of the system integration vendors
- IT in-house and external staff recruitment, coaching and mentoring to ensure high quality deliverables
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent, minimum 8 years working experience in Information Technology with supervisory experience in leading a team
- Solid experience in enterprise-scale application development
- Sound knowledge in project management and essential with certification in project management such as PMP
- Good technical knowledge in Java EE and MS.NET platform, mobile app development, HTML5, node.js, JQuery, REACT, Angular, Hibernate, Spring Boot, Docker, API Management, SOA/Microservices and MQ Series. DevOps experiences are preferred
- Knowledge in building API and Web services using WSDL, RESTful, SOAP and JSON is preferrable
- Good knowledge in middle ware connectivity like MQ and client-server technologies integrating with Back-End System like AS400 platform
- Able to work under pressure
- Good team player, self-initiative and pro-active
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.