Product Manager to lead product design across our PARIS ecosystem (covering both operational and analytics platforms). This role is a key focus to develop leading digital capability to enhance and improve our platforms deployed over large scale ships.
Driving Forward Product Backlogs & Implementation
- Working alongside the in-house IT development team and (business-facing) operational teams to define epics and user stories considering trade-offs. Ultimately own the product backlogs and prioritise using appropriate techniques
- Define the business value each feature adds to the product (using ROI analysis), prepare acceptance criteria in conjunction with the wider team and support delivery of these features
- Lead the change management for successful deployment of the new product and monitor its use through metrics
- Be seen as an expert for the respective product(s) you look after – not only from other IT team members but also from corresponding operational teams
Stakeholder Management & Communication
- Working closely with operational and senior stakeholders to determine the underlying business process required and how these support the user stories defined
- Support in the development of business cases to ensure that there is clarity on the benefits expected and these can be measured clearly
- Communicate clearly, concisely and confidently across all levels and influence stakeholders
Team Working & Thought Leadership
- Coach operational (business) product owners in describing well-defined user stories that the development team can build
- Working in close collaboration (in a matrix-based environment) across all internal IT team members and 3rd party vendors
- Providing support and coaching to others – sharing experience around product ownership best practices
- Understand market trends and technology advancements within the shipping industry applying this into product plans.
Job Experience, Functional Knowledge and Qualifications
- 5+ years' experience as a Product Manager / Product Owner / Senior Business Analyst role
- Delivery of high-impact work that has made a significant difference in business operations
- Proven track record using customer centric methods to define user stories, acceptance criteria and target KPIs
- Ability to map business processes efficiently to validate requirements and assist prioritisation
- Developed and maintained a product roadmap and associated backlog(s) using best practice to support its delivery
- Strong influencing experience – including customer advocacy, empathy and listening skills – with demonstrated evidence of working with senior (C-Level) executives
- Demonstration of working in a matrix team focused on delivering to agreed time and quality standards
- Fluent communication skills in spoken and written English
- Working experience of Agile methodologies, tools and techniques (eg SCRUM, XP, Lean, JIRA, etc)
- Strong base understanding in key technology techniques and their use (eg Microservices, APIs, etc)
- Lean Six Sigma or other business process qualifications would be beneficial
- Development Teams (based in HK & India); Ops & Support (based in HK & India); Internal Stakeholders – C-Level / Directors and below
- Analysis & Problem Solving: Uses a systematic approach to root cause analysis on complex problems to identify underlying trends and put forward well-thought-out solutions to address the causes and reduce risk.
- Listening and Communicating: Is effective in communicating his vision with a wider audience. A good communicator knows when to use which channel, and which tone of voice in order to drive maximum impact.
- Collaboration, Inclusion and Teamwork: A great team player is pro-actively going out there to encourage, support and recognise work performed by others. The person is always trying to find common ground to share his ideas and experience.
- Customer Focus: Proactive in maintaining relationships and managing customer expectations effectively. Takes a partnership approach to solve problems and improve service standards using data to define continuous improvement
- Planning & Organising: Uses technology and tools to drive effective project planning with projects having clear success criteria and milestones. Escalates in a timely manner and seeks feedback with all colleagues throughout the execution phase mitigating risks as they arise.
- Initiative: Always looks for opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness in their own and other peoples work backed by clear rationale and benefits to the business. Role models desired change behaviour and uses external best practice as reference.
- Accountability: Sets high work and ethical standards for self and others including budget management, work quality, timelines. Ensures that tasks and projects within responsibility areas meet promises made. Acknowledges mistakes openly identifying learnings to be applied.
- Resilience & Managing Wellbeing: Maintains continuing high-performance standards when under additional pressure, higher workload or in changing circumstances. Recovers quickly from setbacks or feedback, applying lessons learnt. Maintains composure in stressful situations.
- Adaptability: Takes a leadership role in supporting colleagues through business change initiatives. Identifies improvements in line with changing business strategies. Puts themselves in place of the people being impacted when implementing change.