IT Production Support Developer (EQD IT) - Information Technology Hong Kong
Manage user's requests and incidents flows by gathering the information from the different communication channels (trading floor live interaction; phone; other). Deliver IT Support services relying on ITIL framework and core processes.
Using his/her technical skills assist in building effective monitoring systems by using the information system's monitoring tools. Ensures tools are in line with our needs and takes initiatives to improve their efficiency.
Leads investigations to resolve problems independently, have the technical ability to troubleshoot and debug code, search log files. Will have strong UNIX and SQL skills to check system errors and generate reports, scripting abilities to assist with the platform extensions, automate monitoring, error detection, participate with the DEV in building solutions or improving the core chain used by the business activity. Master the technology stacks in the team, Java, C# and Python to help deliver change around pricing, volatility trading and booking
Engage and improve the Follow-the-Sun model and leverage on our global setup working closely with our Paris and New York offices.
Seeks feedback on escalated problems to follow up and update the end users. Liaise with other ITEC and GTS teams to consider clients' needs/expectations/issues. Organize and lead follow-up meeting with different parties (users and partners). Formalizes problems and escalates to the next level of support or global teams when need be.
Estimates the risks and opportunities in our day to day job, and take initiatives to reduce the risks and improve our efficiency. Provides support to others peers when necessary and train the new joiners on the perimeter.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile Key skills areas and knowledge required:
- BSC in Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Good communication and organizational skills, analytical mind.
- Able to manage pressure by accompany business requests while sitting on the trading floor.
- Good knowledge on both UNIX and Windows environment. Good knowledge on SQL.
- Good knowledge of one or more programming languages, preferable Java
- Good scripting skills, python, shell
- Ability to read code and develop in Python and Java, simple code fix, and gradually evolve
- Fluent in English.
- Reliability and rigour.
- Good knowledge on Global Markets trading and booking activities with previous knowledge on financial products an advantage
- Proactive / Innovative
- Excellent attitude towards work, colleagues and management
- A performer, demonstrates best qualities and ability to learn quickly
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth.
Job code: 19000J1K
Business unit: SG Securities (HK) Limited
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 01/07/2019