IT Quality Assurance Manager
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam and Japan. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 534,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job:
- Assist Director of IT Quality Assurance to lead and manage QA function within IT Team, performing a second line of defense role to manage the overall quality process of IT systems deliverables.
- Review and change IT Policy, impose change process standards to manage project & system changes, ensure system deliverables' quality can be coded with stipulated (minimum) acceptance level (i.e. Conformance, Integrity and Sufficiency "CIS" on software testing).
- Work with Regression Testing vendor and IT Teams to implement & evolve the regression test platforms, supporting on-going system changes & projects for internal enterprise systems and external facing system's touch-points (App & IoT).
- Manage Regression Test vendor on-going service level, performance and deliverables.
- Work closely with IT and PMO Teams to enforce the execution of new (revised) policy and/or standards, ensure IT system changes can be complied with the stipulated codes to pursue uplifting the IT system quality.
- Regularly review project & system change process, identify improvement areas and recommend actions to address quality issue and/or deficiency.
- Arrange training and briefing to Project Sponsors & Stakeholders, Sr. Management, IT and non-IT Teams about the importance and awareness of "quality standard".
- Perform a gatekeeper role on IT system quality control. Responsible for controlling system deliverables quality at various stages, ensure they can comply with quality standard and follow through the prescribed procedures.
- Work with IT Teams and system stakeholders to determine the regular system migration schedule, aim to tightening up systems migration & change control.
- Work with IT Teams to review and/or re-design the project document templates to control project & system changes and testing are performed in comply with CIS requirements.
- Work closely with IT project manager, vendors, contractors, and project team members for delivering quality projects and services.
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent, minimum 10 years' working experience in Information Technology, with at least 3 years at a lead position, specialized in IT Quality Assurance / software testing.
- leading software testing functions in financial industry's testing role is essential
- Experience in managing enterprise-scale Life or non-Life administration systems, as well as good understanding on system architecture, esp. multi-tier servers / databases / middleware operating platform is a plus
- High level of interpersonal skills (good oral and written communication)
- Self-motivated and effective working with minimal supervision
- Ability to cultivate a positive team culture
- Competent knowledge and experience in following SLDC process to implement enterprise-scale IT systems projects.
- Competent knowledge in software change controls, version controls, software release management to govern IT projects & system changes is a must.
- Hands-on experience in designing and writing-up testing best practices, testing plan & methodologies and deploying automated testing tools are essential.
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.