Who we are looking for
The institutional asset management industry is constantly evolving. Institutional investors need more than products, they need advice and solutions that help them achieve their goals. State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is seeking an institutional sales person who can excel in that environment and partner with others on the team to do the same. As an Institutional Sales within our Institutional Client Group, you will focus on business development efforts with institutional prospects in Korea. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Institutional Sales, you will
What we value
- Responsible for helping to drive our sales strategy and expand State Street Global Advisor's market share with institutional relationships by driving growth across our full product suite, including index, actively managed and multi-asset class strategies.
- To execute that strategy, you will be responsible for creating, identifying, advancing, and closing new business opportunities in a manner that leads to the successful achievement of robust activity and sales targets.
- Engage internally across the organization to partner with the product, marketing and investment resources of the firm to address the ever-changing needs of institutional investors and translate these needs into actionable solutions from the SSGA toolkit.
- Become the subject matter expect on your book of business, combining that expertise with a deep understanding of SSGA's investment capabilities, product and service offerings, culture and vision in order to effectively communicate each in a compelling way.
- Build positive relationships across the broader sales, relationship management, product marketing, investments, legal, and other internal teams critical to the end-to-end client lifecycle. You will also engage with colleagues across State Street divisions to best position SSGA and broader firm solutions to our clients and prospects.
- This is a role for developing Korea business focused on institutional investors and the role will work closely with the Head of SSGA Korea and also requires close collaboration with Head of Client Relationship Management.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- You have the ability to build mutually valuable relationships with clients and prospects that meet their needs while also aligning with SSGA's long-term revenue and profitability goals
- Existing industry profile and relationships is preferred and can help accelerate the success of sales initiatives
- Strong technical ability, investment acumen and the ability to understand and appreciate the details
- You have a record of setting, measuring, meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple simultaneous priorities and initiatives
- You possess excellent problem solving and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to form and cultivate positive relationships with prospects, clients and internal colleagues
- Ability to thrive in a highly regulated environment that demands full compliance with policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Key Attributes Required
- 10 - 15 years' experience and a successful track record selling to institutions
- Have strong connection and experience working with top tier asset owners in Korea
- Demonstrated track record of success building complex solutions with and for clients
About State Street What we do.
- Self-starter, fast learner, excellent interpersonal skill
- Excellent business network building skills
- Flexible and positive attitude to work
- Customer focused and ownership minded
- Strong teamwork with high enthusiasm and integrity
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers