It is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the most successful insurance groups in Hong Kong, the selected candidate will be leading their large technology development with various new initiatives in the life insurance management space. This role works closely with senior IT management and business leaders. Great opportunity and challenge.
- Manage a portfolio of life insurance software applications across development, implementations, and support.
- Manage technology transformation with the development of a new API/ Microservices platform using Kafka.
- Manage and formulate system roadmap, solution design, and enterprise architecture to support business vision.
- Lead a technology team of highly skilled developers, BAs, and QAs. Retain high team morale and provide solid career development to the team.
- Manage the technology design and development across Front to Back. Manage database structures and design.
- Work with various IT teams including Security, Infra & Cloud, Operations, and Architecture in aligning the application solutions.
- Manage offshore development resources which fulfill expectations and demands.
- Manage production support to ensure smooth operation and availability.
- Sounds technical experience in managing key insurance technology platforms, including Underwriting, Claims, New Business, etc.
- Technology team management experience with a strong proven system development track record.
- Experience in managing enterprise-level technologies. Experience with integrating innovative technology with existing platforms is highly preferred.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud, API, and Microservices technology.
- Solid application architecture, and solution architecture knowledge.
- Strong personality and character to engage and influence both IT and business communities.
- Hands-on experience in Cloud solutions.
- Strong vision and insight to tell what kind of new technology should apply in future development. Ability to challenge the status quo and think outside the box.
- Excellent communications skill in Cantonese / Mandarin and English to lead local development.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline from a reputable University.
If this outstanding opportunity sounds like your next career move, please send your resume in Word format to Danny Kwan at firstname.lastname@example.org and put Insurance Platform Technology Manager (API / Microservices Platform) in the subject header.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License # 68987)
We are also seeking top-calibre candidates for the following exciting roles:
1) Diversity Mid-level Data Analyst with Project Management Exposure – Leading iBank in Singapore
2) UX / UI Senior Designer - FinTech Platform
3) Head of e-Banking Technology - Leading Bank