As one of the world’s leading asset managers, we are solely dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. If you're looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, explore your potential at Invesco
As a Senior Internal Auditor, you will be part of a global, collaborative team of business and technology auditors and data specialists, located across the United States, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. The Invesco Internal Audit function provides assurance, advisory, and forensic investigative services for the organization. While partnering closely with business leaders, the department focuses on the most critical risks and issues facing the organization and delivers strategic, innovative, and data-driven results.
The department strives to be valued business advisors that provide meaningful solutions and insights, not just information and recommendations. Our team continuously seeks creative solutions to maximize value to the organization by leveraging technology, data, and agile principles.
The Senior Internal Auditor will report to an Audit Manager and is responsible for conducting internal audits, special reviews, investigations, and projects. The audit work will require obtaining an understanding of the areas under review, performing the audit work, and documenting the results. This role requires travel domestically or internationally
You will be responsible for:
- Effectively planning and executing comprehensive internal audits of applicable business areas under the direction of Internal Audit Department management. These activities include:
- Obtaining an understanding of the business areas under review.
- Evaluating and documenting the design of key controls.
- Developing audit programs to guide test work.
- Executing audit testing and completing work papers of high quality in accordance with Internal Audit Department standards.
- Documenting internal control weaknesses or inefficiencies.
- Conducting entry/exit meetings with business area management.
- Drafting and finalizing internal audit reports to senior management.
- Perform follow-up on previously identified audit findings and management’s action plans.
- Managing resources within the allotted time frames.
- Executing special projects as requested.
- Continually focuses on agility, innovation, and continuous improvement within the internal audit function.
The experience you bring:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with strong knowledge of general controls; Previous experience or knowledge in audit-related, risk management and/or compliance roles would be preferred
- Previous exposure to asset management, securities and/or banking industries preferred. Regulatory compliance knowledge of Hong Kong and China.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Result-oriented and comfortable as an individual contributor on certain assignments.
- Ability to handle confidential information and communicate clearly with individuals at a wide range of levels on sensitive matters.
- Pro-active problem solver with the ability to thoroughly identify and investigate issues and determine the appropriate course of action.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Project Management and administrative skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse, cross-functional, and international environment.
- Strong relationship management and team building skills.
- Adaptable and comfortable with changing environment.
- Self-starter and motivated must be able to work without frequent direct supervision.
- Demonstrates high professional ethics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Power point, Access etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Auditing or accounting coursework preferred.
- Professional accounting or auditing designation (e.g., CA, CPA, CFA, CIA, ACCA, ACFE) or to have substantially completed the requirements for such a designation while actively pursuing the completion of such designation preferred.